+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The One That Got Away - Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I guess I am the only one who liked this show In the beginning I liked Erin and didn't like Grace, but it switched over in the end. I wouldn't have picked either of them in the final 2 but still think he picked the right girl out of the 2.
    Well as I've said, for me the question of which woman I "liked" more is moot. What this show couldn't do (and they didn't even TRY and convince us other than the lame "most eligible bachelor in North Carolina" schtick) was that the guy was a "prize" worth fighting for. In fact, as they pronounced him "most eligible bachelor in North Carolina", thousands of single well educated North Carolinian Doctors, Lawyers, Scientists, College Professors, Corporate Executives, Business owners, etc. simultaneously said "damn... you mean I didn't need to go to Duke and then onto grad school at Harvard/Yale/Columbia/Whatever Big Grad school you want... all I had to be was a sleazy bartender?" THAT'S all it takes to be the most eligible bachelor in our state?

In fact, school teachers, convenience store workers, men of the Cloth, construction workers, Parking Lot attendants, Toll Booth attendants, guys who clean toilets for a living, homeless men, etc. were probably mystified that this guy rated above them.

So if you like contestant such and such? Feel sorry that her reward for being so cool is that she gets a slimy bartender as a prize, who will cheat on her at the first opportunity (and probably the last one too), and who has worse job prospects than Evan Mariott. Heck, Evan Marriot's a "prince" compared to this guy... how scary is THAT?
    Last edited by Krom; 06-01-2004 at 06:39 AM.

I was really glad that this was a one-night stand. I do really wonder who dubbed Skipper the most eligible bachelor in N.C. Is his family old money or what? When I watched it I kept thinking that I had even less a clue as to how Skipper was picking and choosing the women. I came to the conclusion that because there was "history" with them, he may have had other reasons on which to base the eliminations than what we saw. Anyway, I figure the only people that will make out because of appearances on this show will be the suit mfr., the plantation in SC where they stayed, and maybe Skipper's nephew Michael (trolling for child star tryouts). Where are Skipper and Grace going to vacation? Missed it. Hey NBC, why not just buy the rights to Perfect Match NY? That's a one shot deal too.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

No one has mentioned this, just in case you want to know, his letters to the girls are posted (or will be) on the NBC website.

I liked the show. Skipper is really cute, but he didn't really seem to care all that much that the girls thought he was a player. Other then that, he seems like a nice guy.

Any news on whether Skip and Grace are still together?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Well as I've said, for me the question of which woman I "liked" more is moot. What this show couldn't do (and they didn't even TRY and convince us other than the lame "most eligible bachelor in North Carolina" schtick) was that the guy was a "prize" worth fighting for. In fact, as they pronounced him "most eligible bachelor in North Carolina", thousands of single well educated North Carolinian Doctors, Lawyers, Scientists, College Professors, Corporate Executives, Business owners, etc. simultaneously said "damn... you mean I didn't need to go to Duke and then onto grad school at Harvard/Yale/Columbia/Whatever Big Grad school you want... all I had to be was a sleazy bartender?" THAT'S all it takes to be the most eligible bachelor in our state?

In fact, school teachers, convenience store workers, men of the Cloth, construction workers, Parking Lot attendants, Toll Booth attendants, guys who clean toilets for a living, homeless men, etc. were probably mystified that this guy rated above them.

So if you like contestant such and such? Feel sorry that her reward for being so cool is that she gets a slimy bartender as a prize, who will cheat on her at the first opportunity (and probably the last one too), and who has worse job prospects than Evan Mariott. Heck, Evan Marriot's a "prince" compared to this guy... how scary is THAT?
    Great point!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Elimination already? Was this a full-sized reality show cut down? It seems like we are missing a lot.
    That would be my guess. They probably shot it as a series, realized what a giant-steaming dung heap it was, then decided to get rid of it with a 1-off.

Grace was his latest girlfriend so maybe they still had something. I personally didn't like the show, except when Skip's nephew came. I hope the best for Skip and Grace.

Ugh I didn't like Grace because I don't think she talks at all :rollseyes and Skipper?? What kind of a name is Skipper?? Man those parents must have thought long and HARD about naming their child this....
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    That would be my guess. They probably shot it as a series, realized what a giant-steaming dung heap it was, then decided to get rid of it with a 1-off.
    Hillarious

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Grace was his latest girlfriend so maybe they still had something. I personally didn't like the show, except when Skip's nephew came. I hope the best for Skip and Grace.
    The "best" might be Grace getting smart before she allows Skippy to totally mess her up. Well, it might be too late for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567