+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOX calls off "Seriously, Dude, I'm Gay!"

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I'm glad they called it off. I didn't like that sneaky premise anyway.

I didn't like the premise at all, I thought it was insulting and I'm glad they called it off.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'm a little surprised myself. We've long known that FOX will leave no stone unturned, no lower position to sink to. This wasn't even the worst of them.
    I'm pretty surprised too. FOX cancelled a reality show?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    the contestants referred to their experience as "their worst nightmare" and complained of being "trapped in gay hell."
    What exactly do those statements mean anyway? "worst nightmare" and "Gay hell"?
    "Being gay is hell"...or "pretending to be gay was hell"..."worst nightmare is being gay".."gay is the worst thing to ever happen"??
    It all sounds like typical homophobic crap.

Glad it was shelved. Buncha arseholes. I want to be on a "Play Straight" show and go on and on about how men (sexually) repulse me and how miserable it is to be straight. THEN, I'm going to trick straight men into wanting to get down my pants, only to reject them and toy with their emotions. I might even knee him for the comedy affect.
    Maybe I'll even fake being pregnant then go on and on about how it is HELL to be a mother and I'm in the worse possible lifestyle known to man. Oh..then I'll tell the "daddy" that I got an abortion cause I found it too repulsive.

FOX would film it I'm sure.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    What exactly do those statements mean anyway? "worst nightmare" and "Gay hell"?
    "Being gay is hell"...or "pretending to be gay was hell"..."worst nightmare is being gay".."gay is the worst thing to ever happen"??
    It all sounds like typical homophobic crap.
    Well, I imagine it is quite difficult pretending that you are something you are not, be it gay or straight. You could put on rose-colored glassed and interpret it that way. On the other hand, if I had to pretend I was gay, I'm sure I wouldn't describe it as hell (actually, I'd think it would be rather interessting). I'd take it as an opportunity. But I'm sure the show would be boring if I was the lead, I don't know anyone who'd be judgemental, my family would just say "Good for you", and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    On the other hand, if I had to pretend I was gay, I'm sure I wouldn't describe it as hell (actually, I'd think it would be rather interessting). I'd take it as an opportunity.
    Believe me. You're not alone in that. A lot of women try to see "how interesting" it is to be gay!
    Geez, I just read my post, and it reads very angry! I'm not, I just wanted to show what it would be like the other way around and I was bashing being heterosexual.

Believe me. You're not alone in that. A lot of women try to see "how interesting" it is to be gay!
    I didn't mean it the way I think you mean it. But I'd love to see a "Girl meets Girl" dating show. And I'd if it would end up like "Boy meets Boy" and be romantic despite the deception that producers find nessecary in order to make a reality show interessting.

Geez, I just read my post, and it reads very angry! I'm not, I just wanted to show what it would be like the other way around and I was bashing being heterosexual.
    If someone described my life as hell, I'd probably be mad too.

I agree! I always thought a "lesbian dating show" would be great!!

I bet the reason there hasn't been one yet is because FOX doesn't know how to "get out" of the stereotypical thought that lesbians are all unattractive, manly and wear flannel. (Good looking women are applying and they're being turned down cause they aren't who the producers think are "lesbian enough")

I agree! I always thought a "lesbian dating show" would be great!!

I bet the reason there hasn't been one yet is because FOX doesn't know how to "get out" of the stereotypical thought that lesbians are all unattractive, manly and wear flannel. (Good looking women are applying and they're being turned down cause they aren't who the producers think are "lesbian enough")
    You could have women from all over the spectrum on the show. I think I'd be cool.

Getting back to the thread, why do producers always have to make it so controversial to be gay? I'm sure they picked men with the most homophobic friends that they could find, to create drama. But I think the best reality shows are those where drama is not created but happens because we see real people with real feelings interact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12