+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles: North Cherokee Avenue - Doug's Room

Los Angeles: North Cherokee Avenue - Doug's Room

For Doug standards, I didn't think the room was all that bad and even kinda classy (not at all what I'd want in my house though!)

What was pricelss was the Drama Queen owner's reaction to it (just a little over the top). Made me actually kind of like Doug for once.

I really didn't like the room all that much, but I'll agree with you about the one owner's reaction. Miss Thing was just a weeeeeee bit melodramatic, IMO.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Eww! I don't like this room at all! Blah.

How funny about the HO.. I didn't see the show, was she OTT pissed? Or OTT happy?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Fort Member
    Was there any colour left in the room at all? I couldnt think of anything worse than an all white room

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Eww! I don't like this room at all! Blah.

How funny about the HO.. I didn't see the show, was she OTT pissed? Or OTT happy?

The HO wasn't a she by the physical sense of the word. He HATED HATED HATED it (as did I.)

They had a fabulous room that didn't need improvement at all. But to take the room of a very flamboyant couple that have openly said that they love color and turn it solid white was just disgusting. Probably one of the worst abuses of *power* that I've seen Doug (or Hildi) do on this show. To sacrifice any desire that the HOs have for the sake of a bad theme show..... terrible.

I did laugh at that homeowner. At least they liked the art which I thought looked better unpainted regardless of the color. It was said that his good neighbors would help them change it.

Anyway, don't they know that Doug and others do what they want and not what is in the best interest of the homeowners? They need to tune in to While You Were Out. They care and try to make the HOMEOWNER happy.

I did get quite the giggle out of the HO... drama queen is an understatement. That boy was straight out of The Birdcage.

I also thought that they were absolutely INSANE to pick that room and then expect to be happy with anything that anyone would have come up with. They must have had a room that actually NEEDED a makeover.

Broadway, I thought that the original room was just fine too. I get the impression that Doug is just stubborn and selfish. I don't ever recall him taking suggestions from the neighbors for their friends. It's all just a power struggle for him. He and Hildi are the reasons why I usually don't watch this show anymore. I was just curious about the all black and all white rooms from the commercials.

It's too bad that these guys didn't get Laurie, with her beautiful, rich fabric choices and the other guys get Vern or at least Frank.

I thought the original room looked great. You could tell these guys take pride in their home. Doug's room was horrible. It seems like he really didn't even care. Painting the fireplace was really tacky. Speaking of tacky, how about spray painting the plants! One thing I did like was the metal art picture. That could have made the room a little better if it was left silver.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast