+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Swan's Makeovers Not Good According to Experts

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Who are they talking about in the article? They keep saying Kelly, but they show a photo of Marnie.

I think most of these women didn't even need surgery. All they needed was makeup and a brush. DUH.

And it says turn the page to see ratings, but no link? I want to see what they rated the rest of the women!
    Click on the Style section and in the middle of the page there is a link to how some of the women are rated.....of course you have to use your long-term memory (or another window to connect to the Swan site) since the critiques aren't accompanied by pictures
    A long and wicked life followed by five minutes of perfect grace gets you into Heaven. An equally long life of decent living and good works followed by one outburst of taking the name of the Lord in vain—then have a heart attack at that moment and be damned for eternity. Is that the system?
    - Robert Heinlein

i found most to not be attractive after the transformation. people do not need that much surgery done just to make them like themselves, i personally think they would just need a good psychologist, and after that if they want a FEW surgerys fine, but to have the councilling and the surgerys together was wrong in my mind.

I asked my dentist, who is the Chief at a university teaching hospital, about the procedures these women were undergoing, and he informed me that:

Zoom bleaching is not proven to be safe to the teeth over the long-term, and DaVinci veneers are poor quality and will not last more than 10-15 years. So, by the year 2020, these women may have had to invest big bucks in corrective dentistry procedures. OTOH, my dentist recommended that I use an OTC bleaching liquid, which I bought at Big Lots for $3.99, and floss ($2.49 at the pharmacy) and I have a bright smile that doesn't make me look like I was co-opting Seabiscuit's dentures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia
    I asked my dentist, who is the Chief at a university teaching hospital, about the procedures these women were undergoing, and he informed me that:

Zoom bleaching is not proven to be safe to the teeth over the long-term, and DaVinci veneers are poor quality and will not last more than 10-15 years. So, by the year 2020, these women may have had to invest big bucks in corrective dentistry procedures. OTOH, my dentist recommended that I use an OTC bleaching liquid, which I bought at Big Lots for $3.99, and floss ($2.49 at the pharmacy) and I have a bright smile that doesn't make me look like I was co-opting Seabiscuit's dentures.
    Thanks for the laugh. I need that today of all days. I am always amazed that they do all this work and weight loss program and it only takes three months. I feel that anything that is that "simple" isn't really lasting.
    Another thing I hate is when the women's kids are brought out and don't seem to know their mother's. Isn't that sad?
    I'm glad Seabiscuit can keep smiling without having to share.

Take a look for yourself at The Swan Gallery.

I just wish they looked a little less plastic. I realize they are going for glam here. I just like a softer look.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

they all look like michael jackson's long lost sisters
    fritzzy[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12