+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk Me Out of Sending in a Tape

Talk Me Out of Sending in a Tape

I need to be talked out of sending a tape in for The Swan.I guess a part of me knows its crazy and since I'm in school I'm nixeable right off.But I would love to finally get rid of the acne and gain some weight
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

Okay, I'll talk you out of it. It doesn't sound like you need $200,000 in plastic surgery to me. Cosmetic surgery, especially to the extent this show goes, is dangerous *elective* surgery. Any surgery where you're anesthetized is dangerous, and needs serious consideration.

My wife had rhinoplasty last August, and with just the one surgery, went through hell for the first month and continues to have some ongoing effects (numbness, tenderness) 9 months later.

There are medications on the market for acne, and you should be able to gain some weight with a regiment of increased calories and a correct exercise routine.

FORT Regular
    Don't do it, Sydney!

ITA with John! Your acne can be gotten rid of - go see a good dermatologist. If you don't have the cash, see if your parents or someone else can help you.

Altering yourself surgically is not the best way to go about this. Whatever changes they make to you, you cannot hit Ctrl-z to undo them.

I have heard that protein shakes work really well when trying to gain weight. You might want to try cutting down on your cardio exercise too and lifting weights more. Check out the magazine "Shape" or another fitness-type magazine - they usually have great tips for all body types.

Good luck with everything!
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

Unless you want to be unrecognizable when it's done, don't do it! They go overboard on this show.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm starting to obey the voices in my head but there's a part of me that would love to get rid of the acne.I did toss the forms into the trash but can't make myself get the link out of my bookmarks
    Bring on the Fab 5!

If your acne is severe, have you tried Accutane? I was on it for four months when I was 15. My skin has looked really good ever since! (12 years later)

***You cannot go on this medication if planning on getting pregnant during treatment time. Accutane causes serious birth defects when taken while pregnant.

I'm 24 and still get nasty zits along with back and shoulder ones.I'll look into the meds through
    Bring on the Fab 5!

Kao
    Girl, all you need is a good dermatologist. You don't need nobod carving up your body like a thanksgiving turkey!

Let me also talk you out of it. The issues you're describing are totally manageable. There are a multitude of ways to access your inner *and outer* beauty. It's like when charismatic people look hot, but when analyzed feature-by-feature, they wouldn't exactly make the cover of a slick magazine. You're your own artist. That power isn't available when you give yourself over to someone's carving knife, eh?

I've never seen you before, but I know you're beautiful. Your beauty is right there! Love yourself!!! Make a dermatologist appointment and un-bookmark the casting call.

You can go ahead and send in your tape but you would be wasting your time. They are looking for "extreme" makeovers and your case in nowhere near that. I agree with the above posts. Beauty comes from within.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast