+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P. Diddy Unmakes The Band

P. Diddy Unmakes The Band

P. Diddy Unmakes the Band
    (Friday, May 14 08:21 AM)

HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) - - The third-season finale of "Making the Band II" on MTV delivered pretty much the opposite of what its title promises: The band, in this case Da Band, was unmade.

Hip-hop impresario Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, who was guiding the career of Da Band, decided in Thursday's (May 13) season finale that he was through dealing with the internal squabbles and unprofessional behavior of some of its members. So he cut Da Band loose, opting not to release a follow-up to "Too Hot for TV," the group's debut album.

"Initially my goal with Da Band was to make sure the world saw realistically how serious hip-hop was. So at times it was kind of embarrassing to me the way they were portraying themselves, not taking it as serious as most artists take this art form," Combs tells the AP.

"Too Hot for TV" debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard album chart in October 2003, and this season of "Making the Band II" was to have chronicled Da Band's rise "to the next level," as Combs put it prior to the show's season premiere in March.

Instead, viewers saw lots of arguments, stubborn behavior and missed appointments, leading to Combs' decision to break up the group. Two of its members, Ness and Babs, will remain with Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment and record solo albums.

"Da Band wasn't as hungry and passionate as most of us artists," Combs says. "I don't think their careers are over. I just don't think they have what it takes to be a group."

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...7C1%7C,00.html

FORT Fogey
    Finally he made the right desision.

It would be better if he chose the right people (think Damone) in the first place, people who would appreciate this one in a lifetime chance.

Instead he chose these whining children ....

Is it just me or is selling over 500,000 records a good thing?

Gee. What a shock. :rolleyes

I've never seen this show, but if the Chappelle's Show spoof was anything like it, than I'm not surprised he called it quits.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Is it just me or is selling over 500,000 records a good thing?
    It's a good thing especially for first time artists. I read somewhere that they've now sold a little more than 800,000 but of course for Diddy that wasn't good enough because he said he wanted them to hit platinum status.

i have a feeling his whole plan was to just have a band until the end of the how. Just for rating purposes and get a little cash on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    i have a feeling his whole plan was to just have a band until the end of the how. Just for rating purposes and get a little cash on the side.

I had this feeling too. With Diddy, I wouldn't be surprised.

All I gotta say is...it's about time!
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I caught a couple of eps. of this show and it did nothing for me. I don't know if it's because I just do not like Sean Puffy /P-diddy /who diddy /what's my name gonna be next year iddy /whatever - iddy /combs or that it just was not entertaining. Now if they come out with a reality version of "Diddy goes to the hood and is exposed for being a perpertrator" and all the people he's screwed over in the record industry then I'll watch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast