+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "Colonial House" on PBS

I agree- I think it was thoughtful of him to focus more on Shakespeare and the colonial members sharing their own stories rather than cram religion down their throats since they all believe different things. It'll be interesting to see how long that lasts, though. A few of those people, especially those two young women, seem very, very religious.

I saw bits and pieces of this last night but I Tivo'd it. I'm looking forward to seeing it and the rest of the episodes so I guess you can count me in with the nerds
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

So far I am really enjoying this show. It will get interesting once they start putting people in the stocks and tying them to the post for a while. I am sure the offenses will seem so trivial to us.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I noticed in the previews they were wearing scarlet letters.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

This was my first attempt at one of the PBS time period shows, I've always thought they sounded interesting but never remembered to watch or record them. I must say, I found it really interesting as well as educational (whoda thunk it, reality shows that can actually teach ya something). I'm definitely glad to be a 20th/21st century gal who can just curl up and watch this on the tv cause I don't know that I could have made it very well back then.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    Fellow Nerd here! (and proud of it )I'm so glad I found you guys!! I saw this advertised on the "El" here in Chicago and noticed that it started last night. Unfortunately, I wasn't home so I missed the first episode, but it seems like it's on tonight...right?? Do any of you know what time it's on?

Becki, you'll have to check your listings. PBS varies their programming around the country. But in Phoenix, it is on from 8 pm to 10 pm.

Becki, according to my local PBS schedule, it comes on tonight at 8 (for two hours) and replays at 10. That's what it did last night. And PBS typically reruns these things, so you should have a chance to catch up on what you missed last night.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Click HERE for the link to PBS.com. If you go on that link it'll tell you the times and dates..and much more.
    But, here ya go anyway:
    Airing May 17, 18, 24, 25, 2004
    8-10pm on PBS.
    Check local listings by clicking HERE.

Wednesday, May 19, 1 p.m. ET: Join Amy-Kristina Herbert and Jonathon Allen for a Washington Post online discussion, click HERE to register at the Washington Post to participate.
    Last edited by Maveno; 05-18-2004 at 07:55 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Ooh, thanks for telling us about the Post discussion, Maveno -- I didn't know about that. Now that you mention it, I remember they did that for Manor House as well.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread