+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover Home Edition Live - Friends Helping Friends - May 6

FORT Fan

Extreme Makeover Home Edition Live - Friends Helping Friends - May 6

Hi,

Just watched the whole show tonight with the extra 10-minute reveal in the end.

It is "expected" that they would choose firefighters who were affected by 9/11. A very touching and a deserving "family" to receive the Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

It's a nice touch that they revisited all of the projects they have completed in the past to give the viewers updates.

The reveal ran out of time though, so I felt it a bit disappointed not really seeing the whole house. They didn't have a chance to show the humidor! :rolleyes

It is a great episode, (even though it's a nice counter-programming to Friends' finale).

It was a pretty good show, but of course you can't arrange things perfectly on a live broadcast and it ended up being too rushed at the end. Got a brief glimpse of the fishing boat they gave them. Regis Philbin dropped in at some point, and I enjoyed seeing Rod Gilbert and some of the newer Rangers. Not a bad result for a 12 hour project.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I watched what I could of it (flipping between ASS, Friends and this one), but quickly got annoyed with them repeating the same segment more than once - was it just my station? They did a three minute block of the light wall going up, one of the women making a shelf/headboard thing, went to commercial, came back and replayed the dang thing.

Who was the female host? She was unbearable - I'd take dippy scatterbrained Ty any day over her breathless yelling. Did you notice how the guys were trying to work on the Murphy bed and she wouldn't get out of their way so they were just standing there looking at her?

It's too bad we didn't get to see the whole thing, we might have had a chance if Ty hadn't messed with the blinds for so long and if that woman had just let Ty lead them through the place instead of insisting they look at certain parts of it out of order (they walked right by the humidor to look at the bedroom!).

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    I watched what I could of it (flipping between ASS, Friends and this one), but quickly got annoyed with them repeating the same segment more than once - was it just my station? ....
    Who was the female host? She was unbearable - I'd take dippy scatterbrained Ty any day over her breathless yelling. Did you notice how the guys were trying to work on the Murphy bed and she wouldn't get out of their way so they were just standing there looking at her?

It's too bad we didn't get to see the whole thing, we might have had a chance if Ty hadn't messed with the blinds for so long and if that woman had just let Ty lead them through the place instead of insisting they look at certain parts of it out of order (they walked right by the humidor to look at the bedroom!).
    The editing was terrible. Yes, they replayed segments several times, and I hated the out of sequence jumping around--there was two hours left, then 7 hours left, then 10 hours left, then 4 hours....

I think the female host is the new female host on Antiques Roadshow (she's annoying there, too). What a waste of time adding her in--every time she was talking I was thinking just get out of the way and let these people work.

I was really disappointed to have the ending cut short. Not to have shown the firemen the humidor after it was such a big part of the show was a letdown.

I also got the "repeats" where I am too. That was not a good show even though the intention was good.

FORT Fan
    Hi,

Yes, there were several segment repeats, which is understandable that they shot the thing and then edited the segments in a couple of hours.

I got disoriented too, trying to get a sense of what they are doing and when.

How's this compared to TS Live? I don't get TS in my cable package.

I don't want to sound "anti-patriotic" by saying this... because I most definitely think that any firefighter deserves new digs. But, I really thought that they were squeezing the sorrows of 9/11 just for ratings. A lot of shows have been criticized for doing just that, and I think that this episode is one of them. But..like I said, these two are very deserving because of the work they have done, and do.

The eternal flame thing. We were talking about it and thought that it was a major fire hazard. Not only that..but wouldn't you think that being a fireman, that you wouldn't want a permanent flame going on in your home? I dunno.. the thought was very nice.

I agree with pink princess in regards to that female host! Blah!! Why did they have her at all?? Very obnoxious and always in the way. I bet she annoyed more people (the crew) than just us.

They did a bang up job on the place though.
    The tv was SOO cool! I'd love to have one of those.
    The scrolling scoreboard! How nice for a couple of guys to have...they'd always know the score to the games. I was wondering though..I thought those things were pre-set to scroll whatever you put in them, not "up to the minute" stats cause it's not hooked up to anything that allows that. ?? I have no idea about those things, does anyone know?

The only thing about the fishing boat.. I was wondering how much it costs to have it docked? It may have been a great gesture by the show to give them a boat, but lets all hope they have somewhere to dock it and/or store it without costing them a whole month's worth of wages every week.

What a bummer that there was no room for that chair he loved so much! Looked like he was willing to fore-go the whole apartment, just for the chair!! At least it goes to the firehouse.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I never knew they were going to do the reveal at 10:50 and only taped it from 8-10. When I was watching it on tape I was wondering why it said 3 hours left. Does anyone know when it re-airs, especially in the Vancouver area?

I agree with you on the host. She was annoying and basically in the way. It was pretty funny when she was in the way for about a full minute and all the guys could do was stare at her. The editing was also pretty bad, but in the "end" the updates on the familys was pretty good but they shouldn't do another live episode...and if they do don't get the same host and learn A TON from this episode.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The scrolling scoreboard! How nice for a couple of guys to have...they'd always know the score to the games. I was wondering though..I thought those things were pre-set to scroll whatever you put in them, not "up to the minute" stats cause it's not hooked up to anything that allows that. ?? I have no idea about those things, does anyone know?.
    Hi,

I would think it would be cool for the scoreboard to somehow link to the ABC Ticker on the ABC building in New York. Won't it be cool to get the latest news, weather, and other info in your own house?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I never knew they were going to do the reveal at 10:50 and only taped it from 8-10. When I was watching it on tape I was wondering why it said 3 hours left. Does anyone know when it re-airs, especially in the Vancouver area?

I agree with you on the host. She was annoying and basically in the way. It was pretty funny when she was in the way for about a full minute and all the guys could do was stare at her. The editing was also pretty bad, but in the "end" the updates on the familys was pretty good but they shouldn't do another live episode...and if they do don't get the same host and learn A TON from this episode.
    Hi,

I am in the Vancouver area too! I am not sure when it be re-air.

Just want to give you a tip though.

If you have digital cable, you can catch the Eastern feed ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX shows on channels 131 - 134. You will be watching channels in the Detroit area.

So, often I would watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition at 6:00 on channel 133, and then again at 9:00 on CH.

I hope that this helps in the future!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast