+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Submission Tape for EM

Submission Tape for EM

I'm helping someone near & dear to me submit an application to be on EM. I helped him with the application, & now I'm trying to think of something creative for the video, but I don't like what I've come up with thus far. Can anyone help me come up with something eye-catching? The tape can be no longer than 3 minutes, but I know that the first 10-20 seconds are going to be what makes or breaks it.
    Initially, I thought he had a really good chance of getting on the show, but now I'm not so sure, the reason being that 1. He needs "body work", but I think he needs to lose more weight first; 2. he doesn't really need anything done to his face, aside from his teeth. He has a darling face.
    So we really need a video that will either knock their socks off or break their hearts!
    Last edited by holly71; 05-05-2004 at 06:07 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Hi Holly!

I sent in my submission tape and I was at a total loss on what to do! lol I have been trying to find out if they send out letters to let you know you weren't picked, have you heard?

Wishing loads of luck for your friend!

Pinky

I don't think they call back unless you have been selected to move to the next "stage" of the process. Good luck to you too! Let us know if they contact you!

POD
    FORT Newbie

Good luck, but...

I wish you and your friend luck, but it seems like they only pick people who need work on their bodies and their faces. Being male he stands a better chance, but think about the episodes you've seen; they want the transformations and the 'before and afters' to be dramatic, and that means surgery on the face.

If your friend wants to lose weight, here is a link to the exact diet they use on the show:

http://www.sixweekbody.com/6wk_main.asp

Thanks for the link! I'm going to check it out right now!

Thanks Holly! I'll definitely let you know if I get picked! I'm hopeful but not holding my breath. I have a "before and after" photo album link in my profile. I had gastric bypass surgery July 2001...unfortunately I carried almost all my excess weight in my tummy (looked like I was *very* pregnant!). I don't think I really need much work on my face (wouldn't turn down a face lift though that's for sure! lol) but I have a lot of excess skin and pockets of cellulite that just won't go away. Unfortunately I can't afford the cost of surgery to remove it.

Hugggggggggggggggggggggggggggz ,

Pinky

FORT Newbie
    I sent a tape in and I am also going to one of the auditions later this month. I'm hoping the more I try the better my chances. I must have tried a dozen different approaches trying to be creative and exciting like they said, but who knows what that means. Has anyone gone to one of these auditions? If you have, what did they ask, orexpect. I don't know if I need to go in serious or light hearted or what. Are they looking for creativity? I have been deiting to prepare since I am overweight, and I'm doing alright so far, but I'm geting scared and anxious. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

We did our tape yesterday. I figured if we just started goofing off, we'd come up with something, which is exactly what happened. We did a funny little skit that is entertaining, yet it gets the point across. We had fun doing it. I seriously think this will get him to the next phase, at the very least.
    Last edited by holly71; 05-23-2004 at 02:17 PM.

Well, I talked to my friend last night & he decided not to send in his application.
    He said he wasn't sure if he'd be able to go through with it if he was to be picked, so he'd rather wait & submit it when/if he knows he's ready to go through with it. He said he felt bad b/c I had helped him so much with it, but I was like "No way! Don't feel like that. If you're not ready, then don't do it. You have to be emotionally & mentally ready to do it, & if you're not, then certainly do not do it just b/c you think I'm going to be disappointed!" So anyway, he came over & we talked for a while & he said that while we were filling out the application & making the tape, it made him realize that he really needs to take care of some other issues in his life before he can even think about doing this & we talked about that, & we talked about setting reasonable goals, etc. I think that the fact that he realized that he needed to make some other life changes first is a big step towards being more content with himself. Who knows, he may not even want/need this after he gets his life in better order. I'm very proud of him.

I'm glad your friend was able to come to that decision, holly. Better now than regret having major surgery! Good luck to him!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast