+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Swan, 5/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I thought Belinda looked okay, but her attitude will probably help her lose more weight. The thing I appreciated about Belinda (besides her sunny disposition) is that they made her look good without going to far away from her original look, because she wasn't ugly in the first place, but the weight affacted her look. Andrea looked great, but looked a lot like Christine Lahti and Kelly Ripa, and she had a terrible attitude.

I was laughing my butt off when Andrea was singing "Home on the Range" after surgery. That was too funny.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    I was laughing my butt off when Andrea was singing "Home on the Range" after surgery. That was too funny.
    I agree, very funny, but what a pain in the a$$ she was . Out of all the people who apply to be on the show , why would they pick her??? Even at the reveal she didn't seem very happy or grateful. I was very suprised.Oh , and one more thing, her boobs were too big for her body. When the "girls"enter the room before you, you picked the wrong alphabet number!

Belinda has the better personality I agree. And I think she will keep all this up. She was so upbeat! Its was nice to see one of these women not all weepy all the time, but ready to work! I'd be like do everything and I will do everything I am ready! I thought she kind of looked like Lucy Lawless. Andrea... what a pain in the ass! Yuck!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I bet Andrea was still let down that her acne wasn't going to magically disappear. At the reveal you could tell she still suffered from it, thought she had a lot of pancake piled on.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by queeny
    I agree, very funny, but what a pain in the a$$ she was . Out of all the people who apply to be on the show , why would they pick her??? Even at the reveal she didn't seem very happy or grateful. I was very suprised.Oh , and one more thing, her boobs were too big for her body. When the "girls"enter the room before you, you picked the wrong alphabet number!
    100%

my only problem with belinda is she could have gone to the gym / excerised before the swan program. weight was her only issue. i'm kinda sick of seeing makeovers on overweight people. that's why i like EM better. they give makeovers to more deserving people (deaf like, deformities, etc)

This show annoys me to no end. The people on it are not deformed or even homely, they just need to put on some makeup & get their ass to the gym, for the most part. A few of them have been justified with some additional work (nose jobs, tummy tucks), but mostly, they just need to take some pride in their appearance in general by fixing their hair & putting on some makeup - really basic stuff, ya know? The previews for next week show this one girl who looks perfectly cute saying that she wants to "run & hide" b/c of her looks. Give me a break. :rolleyes
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'd be interested to see if a show like this would work without the surgery. What bugs me is how all of these women keep carrying on about how beauty comes from the inside - so why is the surgery necessary? I would understand if they had some deformity that needed fixing, but I have yet to see that in this show. Cover the mirrors, give them personal trainers, nutritionists, fashion consultants, and therapists. I'd like to see if these women could "transform" merely through hard work and some coaching on self-improvement, without plastic surgery. I think it would give off a much more positive message - but I would probably be the only one watching.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I'd be interested to see if a show like this would work without the surgery. What bugs me is how all of these women keep carrying on about how beauty comes from the inside - so why is the surgery necessary? I would understand if they had some deformity that needed fixing, but I have yet to see that in this show. Cover the mirrors, give them personal trainers, nutritionists, fashion consultants, and therapists. I'd like to see if these women could "transform" merely through hard work and some coaching on self-improvement, without plastic surgery. I think it would give off a much more positive message - but I would probably be the only one watching.
    No, I'd watch with you. Unfortunately, the type of plan you are talking about would take more than 3 months to accomplish. Hey, maybe we can use your formatting idea and give it to the folks at Forever Eden and tell them they can do a reality show that lasts forever about these folks who want to drastically change their look, life, etc. and follow them around for the next 3-5 years checking on their progress. That I could probably get into.

FORT Newbie
    Was anyone else a little "let down" that they decided to choose a former model for this show? Seems to me that, as far as looks go, she pretty much just needed to lose weight. I know they did some other things to her too, but weight loss is really all she needed. I guess I just thought they were going to be picking people who needed more work, not people who looked good enough to have been a model at one time...

POD
    FORT Newbie

what a crime!

no way did that former model need facial surgery. She's only 28 years old! She got a face lift and and brow lift?!!! Those procedures are for women 10 to 15 years older. She came out looking pulled back and artificial when all she really needed to do was go on a diet.

This is the most ethically challenged show on television and those women are getting screwed over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast