+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extreme Makeover: Home Improvement Finale - 05/23 - "Cadigan-Scott Family"

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I cried from beginning to end; I mean, sobbing and sobbing. Such a touching story! I was extra excited, too, because this is the episode they filmed in my city, and we were present for the reveal (but it was even better on TV, cuz we didn't get to see the inside that day).

The house was so incredibly beautiful! I loved the bathrooms, the TVs with their own headsets, and the swimming pool was gorgeous! Could you believe how HUGE their backyard was?! WOW! I had been wondering what the heck that cylinderical-looking thing in the front of the house was, and last night when they showed the skylight with the doves representing the parents, oh man, that was so sweet!

Those kids are so deserving of this gift. They are really, really good kids. Most of them who are old enough have jobs. One girl I know from my grocery store, and the other from our favorite pizza place. When they threw the mortgage into the fireplace, you could literally see the tension being lifted from the older girls who I'm sure were stressing about the mortgage payments the most. God bless this family. Looks like they're going to be all right.

Oh, and I'm the one who snapped that photo of the completed house. It never dawned on me to cover up the address numbers. I hope it's okay that I did that. Oops! Should I go back and edit? I'd really appreciate your advice.

(Hi JD!)
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Wow, what an amazing job they did! I think my favorite was the bathroom with all the cobalt glass sinks. They managed to make a bathroom with seven sinks NOT look like a public restroom. This show continues to blow me away. Is it off for the entire summer?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

As far as taxes go...the older girls were making enough money to pay the mortgage before the show, so they should be able to cover taxes, right?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    As far as taxes go...the older girls were making enough money to pay the mortgage before the show, so they should be able to cover taxes, right?
    I thought the same thing. I was also shocked that apparently neither of the parents had life insurance (*I'm assuming, b/c I would think if they did, the kids could have paid off the house with it, or at least be living comfortably, which they obviously were not)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    As with many big families they were probably living pay to pay , not considering the future. But then who would ever expect that both would go so closely to each other.

I was so touched by this show. But then they are finding so many worthy families , every show is great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123