View Poll Results: Who's your favorite In A Fixer?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marc, the host

1 2.44%
  • James, the Aussie woodworker

14 34.15%
  • Justin, the drywall king

8 19.51%
  • Danny, the goof-off

1 2.44%
  • Greg, the whiner

0 0%
  • Jennie, the girl

5 12.20%
  • Sparky, the electrician

8 19.51%
  • Nani, the designer

3 7.32%
  • Franzella, the designer

1 2.44%
  • Deborah, the designer

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's your favorite In A Fixer?

Who's your favorite In A Fixer?

You know you have a favorite - who is it?

I went with Justin, although I like them all except Danny (and to some extent, Greg). Not a big fan of Deborah's designs, either.

Despite the undeniable eye-candy value of Sparky, I went with Justin too. He's funny, smart, capable and the more I watch him, the cuter he gets (feeling my forehead).

I'm surprised you didn't go with Jennie and the twins, John! I agree with your assessment of Deborah. She's good at kids' stuff but should avoid adult rooms. Franzella is good at 20-something's spaces and should avoid anyone else's and Nani is good at mostly everything, plus she's got that funny Nani-nator thing going.

I don't think there's anyone (on the crew) that I dislike, although Danny is near the lower end of my list of faves, which I think has more to do with the way he's edited than the way he really is.

I like Jennie's looks, but I'm not all that impressed with her work in most cases.

Marc, the host, kind of makes the show I think. He's funny, goofs off, and tries to get people in trouble (usually with Nani or Justin), all while narrating the show and constantly reminding us how far behind they all are.

You can always count on Greg to take 4 hours to read an instruction sheet, and to say "it's gonna be a loooooong 3 days" every episode.

James is a screw-off, but he's funny, and when left to his own devices, a great worker. Just don't let Nani micromanage him, that's a recipe for disaster. The guy's a woodworking god.

Sparky, he's a good-looking guy, but beyond that a great worker. Never turns down the opportunity to climb into the attic crawlspace and run wires for several hours at 120 degrees, and you NEVER see him complaining about problems with electrical work. He keeps his head down, does his job, and gets sweaty in the process.

My favorite designer by far is Nani. The Naninator. She knows exactly what she wants, and whether the homeowner likes it or not, that's what they're getting. You don't like the colors? Too bad, if you'd finished it on your own you could have chosen them, but not that Nani's here, SHE gets to pick. And she always makes the team take a time-out to do the "group project", which always ends up great.

I can say I'd be happy to live in any remodel SHE was a part of. Not so with all of Franzella's designs (although she has some good creativity) or Deborah's (she and I would be like oil and water).

Some interesting stuff I didn't know about Nani:

Nani E. Vinken
    Designer

Nani comes to In a Fix via Switzerland with extensive experience in industrial and interior design. Born in Germany, she received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design from Art Center College of Design and her Masters from Webster University Geneva. Nani says, "I love being creative and experimenting with design. In a Fix is the perfect venue for me." Before coming to the United States, Nani worked on renowned projects in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. In the U.S., she dove into a career in boat and yacht design. After working as an industrial designer for Seadoo/Sportboat, she moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to take on the mother of all boat designs superyachts which range from 70 to 150 feet in length. Unlike the In a Fix schedule, superyachts can take up to 2 years to complete. (Nani enjoys the quick turnaround of her designs on In a Fix because the tight schedule challenges her and she is able to see her designs come to life much quicker.)

From there, Nani naturally expanded her services into the high-end residential design arena. Her clients include pro athletes, celebrities and royalty from all over the world.

When not working on the show, Nani devotes most of her time to her studio, Nani Vinken Design Inc. She is an award winning painter and has exhibited her work in the United States and Europe. "I love to paint and submerge myself into a canvas. My paintings are abstract expressions, the visual equivalent of life as I live it," she says. Nani's personal interests include martial arts and golf.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I like Jennie's looks, but I'm not all that impressed with her work in most cases.

Marc, the host, kind of makes the show I think. He's funny, goofs off, and tries to get people in trouble (usually with Nani or Justin), all while narrating the show and constantly reminding us how far behind they all are.

You can always count on Greg to take 4 hours to read an instruction sheet, and to say "it's gonna be a loooooong 3 days" every episode.

James is a screw-off, but he's funny, and when left to his own devices, a great worker. Just don't let Nani micromanage him, that's a recipe for disaster. The guy's a woodworking god.

Sparky, he's a good-looking guy, but beyond that a great worker. Never turns down the opportunity to climb into the attic crawlspace and run wires for several hours at 120 degrees, and you NEVER see him complaining about problems with electrical work. He keeps his head down, does his job, and gets sweaty in the process.

My favorite designer by far is Nani. The Naninator. She knows exactly what she wants, and whether the homeowner likes it or not, that's what they're getting. You don't like the colors? Too bad, if you'd finished it on your own you could have chosen them, but not that Nani's here, SHE gets to pick. And she always makes the team take a time-out to do the "group project", which always ends up great.

I can say I'd be happy to live in any remodel SHE was a part of. Not so with all of Franzella's designs (although she has some good creativity) or Deborah's (she and I would be like oil and water).
    I totally agree with all of it! Greg reminds me of a little old lady. He stands around wringing his hands and panicking then having little hissy fits when he gets rushed or he thinks someone's being mean to him (witness his whining on a recent cabinet project with Justin). His work ends up being good, but you rarely see him working, just like Danny.

I like James a lot, he's got a really terrific sense of enthusiasm to go along with obvious talent. Sweaty Sparky...mmm.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, Nani. I totally love her, "you don't like it, tough - I do and it will be beautiful" attitude, but mainly because she really delivers. Unlike some designers on other shows who also claim to have big client lists and huge popularity, her stuff is liveable and has purpose instead of just impact. She's done a couple of walls where she's used text (book lines, poetry, etc.) as wallpaper, then stained it or used a glaze treatment over it - I like the idea enough that I'm going to be trying it on one of my own walls this summer. Plus she likes to kick holes in walls.

Had to go with James the Aussie. He loves to explain his actions to the camera and he does so with such vigor... I always say 80 percent of effective learning comes from superb teaching ........ Plus he's handsome and very animated and entertaining

I voted for James, but I like all of them for the most part. They each seem to have their own specialty that they are good at, Gregg being the whiner I read on the TLC boards that Nani is a dictator on the job and can be a pain to work with sometimes. They all do the work but also have help to get the jobs done in time.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I voted for jennie and the twins.....but then again i have no morals

FORT Newbie
    Ilikai....
    "Nani is a dictator on the job".

First of all, I think we have to give the girl more credit, as she must be under a lot of stress: getting the workload and design done, but also being on national television.
    Dealing with the crew, I am sure, is not always as easy as it may appear on TV.
    In my eyes, she taking charge, and that is her job. It is her, that is ultimately responsible for the look and feel of the space? She is talented and creative, firm but also funny, and she is in charge and still manages to joke around with the crew.
    I think it is also very obvious, that they respect her and care for her a lot.

I don't see her as a "dictator" like Ilikai does. Anyone agrees?

Besides, even if she appears a little rough, I think she is cute and I would not mind to have her come to design my house.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast