+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Casting begins to win a mansion on the new TBS reality show

Casting begins to win a mansion on the new TBS reality show

TBS UNTITLED HOME REMODELING SERIES

One dilapidated mansion

Five supercharged competitors

Seven weeks to re-do the whole place

And when it's done, only one person will walk away with the keys!

This new home remodeling series will up the ante of reality television. We will take five supercharged competitors with amateur home renovation skills and have them live together in one dilapidated mansion for seven weeks while transforming it into a beautiful showplace - using only their own labor and know-how. In the end, one person will triumphantly walk away as the sole owner of the newly renovated ESTATE!

With the highest stakes ever in Home Improvement TV history, this home renovation race is the remodel of a lifetime. Each of the five individuals will not only have to share the same house but they will have to prove to America they are worthy to walk away with the keys to the GRAND PRIZE. The final decision will be left up to America to judge.

Each week the individuals will have to compete to win the chance to lead each project. During that construction week, there will be sheetrock flying, paint slapping and tempers flaring. All the while, America will be judging their skills in Workmanship, Design and Sportsmanship.

This MANSION WINNING reality show will turn home improvement into a no-holds-barred competition and we are looking for five outstanding individuals who are masters of ALL types of home improvement techniques.

TAPE DEADLINE: JUNE 11, 2004

http://tbs.tv/castingcall/ for dates and application

Thanks for the post...I'm going to send my application since I'm in dire need of a mansion!

Sounds good, I guess I will be watching it

OO OOO OOO !!

I'm going to ask my sister to apply. Our house sucks. LOL It seriously does, and we are in dire need of a bigger house (7 people live in our 3 bedroom home!!) XD

*runs off to tell sis*

Renovation reality show may come to Tahoe

Susan Wood
    May 6, 2004

Wanted: Lake Tahoe fixer-upper with the potential to be a million-dollar mansion.

That's the home a Burbank production company is seeking for a TBS show to air in October. The reality series will be called "Million Dollar Mansion."

The show, to be videotaped in July, stages seven contestants in the house and gives them eight weeks to complete a renovation.

Evolution Film & Tape, Inc. Production Manager Rita Doumar has been working with Carl Fair of Century 21 Tahoe Paradise in search of a three- to five-bedroom home preferably built before 1990. She wrote to the El Dorado Tahoe Film Commission's director, Kathleen Dodge.

"I think it would be very beneficial. People will be hearing about Tahoe and seeing it in its most beautiful way. It's a big win-win situation, I think. I'm keeping my fingers crossed," Dodge said Wednesday. "Not only that, they'll be buying their building supplies here."

Tahoe has a history of staging many movies and shows, including "Bonanza" and "Some Like It Hot."

TBS will buy the house, and television viewers will vote for one contestant to win the house.

"They're looking for a house with open space to where they can do a huge makeover. This is big for our community - big-time (public relations)," Fair said Wednesday.

Of course, there are considerations that range from the neighbors' receptiveness to the permitting process. In one of the most regulated places in the United States, the latter often fails to be timely.

"Tahoe is at the top of our list," Doumar said.

Her company may move to another town if Tahoe doesn't come through. Doumar suggested El Dorado Hills as another choice.
    http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/app...060006/-1/NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Thanks for the post...I'm going to send my application since I'm in dire need of a mansion!
    well i guess i can say i am in need of one too.
    get your styling tips to work

+ Reply to Thread