+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Swan, 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    I remember one girl, maybe 5 or 6 or so, looked a little sad when she saw her Mom up on stage during the "reveal" portion of Extreme Makeover. After all that time away, I bet she just wished her Mom would run right over to her and give her a big hug, and forget all the hoopla about her new looks.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    On Extreme Makeover, they film the family reaction to the person's makeover, and I've never seen the kids bothered or upset Probably they are told that mommy/daddy will look different but that they're still the same person and still love the kiddies the same as they ever did, etc., etc. Or maybe the little ones get a preview of their parent, who knows. My 5 year-old can certainly tell when I'm dressed and made-up to go out, and she definitely approves of me when I look pretty

Kids are pretty adaptable to stuff like that, I think. They're probably just glad to have mom or dad home again.

FORT Fan
    I can't claim to be an expert but my understanding is that "augmentation" would involve making the breast larger, and not reducing it. Thus, to make it larger, they would typically have to use saline or silicon implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    That is so true that implants are pretty much part of the standard make-over package.

They also always call it "augmentation" - which to me sounds like simple reduction, lifting, reshaping or liposculpting the existing breast without introducing a foriegn body.

I would do it in a heartbeat....But not to this extreme of course.... I'm not a fan of fake boobs either, even though I could definitely use the help!

FORT Fan
    I think there have only been a couple of women in all these shows that have not had implants and I think that is ridiculous. I swear a lot of them could just get a lift and that would do it. Why do they have to make them all get bigger?? I think a few on this show had too much added--like that first blonde.

Also--I agree about last night. The blond didn't need anything but better hair and makeup and lasik. The brunette needed to lose a few pounds and get her nose done is all.
    I also hate the fact they almost always give them those awful big lips!

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    [QUOTE=wendiness]I'm worried that Beth's little boy won't recognize her and it could really freak him out.

didn't the army girl's daughter hesitate when she saw her mom? she had to tell her "it's mommy" before the girl would hug her! i feel for the kids.
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Most doctors always sell a breast augmentation (and yes, Lynne, augmentation means implants ) when a woman wants a lift. I'm not sure if a lift can be done without an implant, I bet it can be done.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I've watched bits & pieces & the end of this show a few times, but this was the first time I've sat through the entire hour of it. In almost every case, I really don't think these women need all the surgery that they are putting them through. I mean, none of them have been just out & out ugly, they've just had certain unattractive features that needed refinement. I think they go way overboard on the procedures for the sake of making these people look as different as they possibly can, instead of just making them look like "improved" versions of themselves. I also think that they seem to pick people with seriously low self-esteem. I personally do not think it's responsible. I know they give them counseling, but they should really be getting counseling anyway. Plastic surgery isn't going to be a magic fix for your life problems, yet this show is trying to make it seem like "if I'm pretty, then life will be all good" & it's not true. They are still going to have the same issues as before, b/c 3 months of counseling once a week is really only the tip of the iceberg on some of these women's issues, but now they have to also deal with their new look & the "death" of their old selves.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Newbie
    Damn I missed yest. show. Dont they have any replays anymore? They used to..
    Im bummed first one Ive missed

This show is outrageous!!! What a joke to think that having fake boobs and lipo and having your lips look like two links of sausage is going to make your life better! And to stay away from your kids for three months, not seeing them? What selfish, self-centered women they are! The rule should be: If you have kids under age 15, you cannot participate!

And maybe the wives with husband problems (such as Beth) are going through this torture to inflict pain on themselves for having a disloyal husband. You know, maybe they just need THERAPY, and the HUSBANDS need a body redo--a swift kick in the pants and a permanent closed zipper inplant!

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Most doctors always sell a breast augmentation (and yes, Lynne, augmentation means implants ) when a woman wants a lift. I'm not sure if a lift can be done without an implant, I bet it can be done.
    It can a friend of mine had it done. In fact, provincial health care even covered it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast