+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Swan, 4/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    By the sounds of it, it makes it seem like all of the 16 women know each other and live together
    I have a feeling they do. I wonder if they do all the work at the same time and just edit for the shows. I also wonder if the pagent has happened yet?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I was really rooting for Beth (the blond), and she looked pretty different in the end, not what I was expecting. I was actually surprised that she was the one to move on, because I wasn't crazy about her chin. She definitely looked more elegant, and her body looks a lot better than Kathy's.

As for Kathy I thought she was beautiful. Kind of a strange combination of Carmen Electra and Kathy Najimy. I thought she would move on, but I was still rooting for Beth. I wasn't crazy about Kathy's hair or outfit, though.

I didn't think the two were homely to start with, but they could have used a little surgery, I guess.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

I like Sherri Worth, the dentist. She seems really nice.

I cannot imagine being away from home for three months! That would drive me insane!

By the way, the wigs are so silly. Why not just give their hair a makeover?

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I have a feeling they do. I wonder if they do all the work at the same time and just edit for the shows. I also wonder if the pagent has happened yet?
    Pretty sure they made these women over simultaneously. It took three months for each and the episodes are popping up weekly.

I'm getting a little concerned, though, that the plastic surgery seems to strive for the same look for everybody. It's getting a little weird - like there is only one look to emulate.

And the hair is getting on my nerves. Is long hair the only glamour look? Same hair style, pretty much. Don't any of the swans look good with short cuts?

Something about all of this is beginning to look like production line work on the part of the makeover experts.

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    Pretty sure they made these women over simultaneously. It took three months for each and the episodes are popping up weekly.

I'm getting a little concerned, though, that the plastic surgery seems to strive for the same look for everybody. It's getting a little weird - like there is only one look to emulate.

And the hair is getting on my nerves. Is long hair the only glamour look? Same hair style, pretty much. Don't any of the swans look good with short cuts?

Something about all of this is beginning to look like production line work on the part of the makeover experts.
    No, didn't they have a black woman one week? See, not production line!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    No, didn't they have a black woman one week? See, not production line!
    No...I just looked at The Swan site and there are no black women:

http://www.fox.com/swan/home.htm

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I don't know; they were good makeovers, but ... meh. Neither really thrilled me this week. And, just like the previous weeks, they were NOT ugly to start with.
    I know!! All they freakin' need is makeup and in some cases contacts!! That and a good stylist!!

I think the only ones who needed surgery for one reason or anything was Cristina for her stomach ONLY, Belinda maybe for her weight if it effects anything, Dawn G, Marlene, Sarina (Teach her some fashion tips), and Tanya. And all those women I think only need makeup & dental work too really. XD XD

It's just annoying how they always suggest breast implants when they don't really need it!

I can't believe some of this stuff. First, some of these women are traumatized in their home life so.... they get boob jobs to make them feel good about themselves. They also get long hair (some of it looking real cheese-y) even when their short hair looks pretty good. I hope their counselling lasts longer than 3 months for some of them. Last night I was disgusted w/the husband who said he felt bad about what she had been through and that he had caused some of it. Ya think?!! I like the premise of making women feel better about themselves, but plastic surgery doesn't always do it. The two body plastic surgeons seem more intent of giving boob jobs, liposuction and names for themselves. imo.

The first thing I said to my husband when we were watching last night was, "so explain to me why these women need surgery?"

Kathy just needed to wash her hair, get some new clothes, and put on some makeup - maybe start working out. The blonde one (WTF was all that about her upper lip? It looked perfectly fine to me?!) just needed to lose the granny glasses and again, makeup and new wardrobe.

Having said that...yeah, they looked dynamite at the end. I thought the blonde looked like Lisa Kudrow (with big boobs and a lotta eye makeup). Eh...if it makes them feel better, I guess I shouldn't knock it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    I'm in agreement with most of you......these women don't need surgery! I thought Beth was very pretty beforehand.....just sort of plain janey, with no makeup and flat hair. But she certainly had pretty features, just downplayed. This was the first episode I have seen in it's entirety and I do think all the women were living together....didn't Kathy say "I made some great friends and I think all 16 of us are beautiful"?

Okay folks.......why is everyone on the surgery bandwagon? Would you do it?

Also, Averagejane....what did your husband say when you asked him?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast