+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Absolutely Hilde-ous

Oh, Fluff, I didn't know that she did the glass things on the fireplace. I was flabbergasted with the hay. I have a small grandchild and I was floored that Hilde would be so stupid as to endanger a child with glue and hay all over the room. Besides, the entire room reminded me of the manger scene at christmas! Even as an adult, I would NEVER want straw or hay on my walls. That brings bugs!

Exactly.
    It was totally insanitary as well as just a disgusting look.

I can understand her wanting to play off the straw colour on the sofa that she intended to keep in the room, but she could just as easily done that with two shades of paint and the incredibly easy yet effective grass cloth technique.

I dread to think of the damage she did to those walls.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I saw their website and looked for Unhappy Camper stories from the participants but I could not find anyone who actually complained in an honest and direct way. The show producers must restrain them from being honest with the outcome of their projects. I saw one episode where one of the participants tried to tell Hilde "no, I know them, they won't like that" and she just did it anyway. I don't think I would want to be a participant of that show. I can just imagine walking into my house and seeing my carpets painted, my walls covered with cow fodder or my ceiling fans gone! EEEKS!

I don't know if this has been mentioned in addition to the hay walls and other disasters but what about the couch she wanted to SPRAY PAINT hot pink???

And the RAIN destroyed it! (I personally think the homeowners sabotaged it..they HATED the idea).

I think her kid's room with the climbing wall and sky ceiling this past weekend was pretty cool though although I hate to give her too much of a compliment. She's so busy giving them to HERSELF!!!

Spraying the couch was a ridiculous idea.

Aside from the fact the original fabric had shadow stripes which would have always have shown through, the chance of getting an even colour was very slim.
    Any and all spots, stains, etc. would show through after the spraying making for a very patchy effect.

A really stupid idea imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have to add the self-portrait to the "Hilde-ous" list.

Aside from being an incredibly self-cebtered thing to do, the huge picture didn't even look good.
    Awful idea - awful finished product.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    I'm not sure, but I don't think that was even fabric paint she used on the couch. Why not just cover it like everyone else does?

Originally posted by fluff
    I have to add the self-portrait to the "Hilde-ous" list.

Aside from being an incredibly self-cebtered thing to do, the huge picture didn't even look good.
    Awful idea - awful finished product.
    Yeah that was sad cuz after ALL the hours put into that project, I suspect they painted over it the next day! These were a bunch of "jockettes" who usually don't do the "I want a huge face of a woman with a bouffant covering my entire wall" style of decor!

blech!

That was the worst thing aobut it imo Katie.
    She probably had those poor agls up half the night finishing it.
    I hope she gave them the remaining yellow paint and some primer so they could give it a quick coat and obliterate her entirely.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    Some of you from the "other place" may remember that I work with a woman who is friends with one of Hilde's best friends. She's the one who gave me the early scoop about Hilde's wedding in France.

Well ... word now is that they think Hilde is preggers and due in May.

Just wanted to pass that rumor along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast