+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon To Create An Older 'idol'

Simon To Create An Older 'idol'

NYPOST

April 26, 2004 -- 'AMERICAN Idol" meanie Simon Cowell is going to host a new talent-search show - this time with no upper age limit for the performers.
    The show - to be called "The X Factor" - will initially air in Britain, at least.

"We're trying to create a different competition . . . Hopefully we're going to be able to appeal to somebody over the age of 35 who keeps saying to me there aren't any artists I like in the competition," he said.

Performers need only be over 16 to compete.

It will also be the first time Cowell puts his reputation on the line as a contestant. The show will divide finalists into three groups, with each judge training and preparing a group for the final.

In effect, the judge trio will be competing against each other.

The other two judges have yet to be named, but former Spice Girl Mel B is said to be in the running.

- Post staff writer
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/23211.htm

Wow, that's awesome!! I'll give props to Simon realizing that talent can come later with age!!!

thanks for the info...aiwannabe!!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

Cool! One of the things I really don't care for about AI is that the performers are all too young -- not enough of them have the presence that comes with just a bit of seasoning. I don't want to see Senior Citizen Idol, but at the same time, contestants who are a bit more mature would be GREAT to see. Too bad it's going to be British first...

-- Joe

show sounds really cool, to bad it will air in britain, but hey whos to say he wont bring it to america maybe they can do this for next american idol
    kEnJiXs

BRING BACK SANJAYA... CHRIS RICHARDSON

I like the judges competition aspect of it all. It would be fun to see Scary Spice and Simon duking it out.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Simon has been complaining a lot this season about people being "too young". What does he expect with an age limit of twenty four? So this would be a good show to see. Believe it or not, there are talented people who are over twenty four.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

I hope they bring that concept here to the States, I love the idea. If you truly are looking for the best singer...why should age matter?

A friend of a friend signed to make a dance single. She was 28 and had to lie about her age and pretend to be 21! Ridiculous or what!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    One of the things I really don't care for about AI is that the performers are all too young
    That's it in a nutshell. I've never felt that the younger singers can sing about love or a broken heart with any real credibility. When John Stevens sang "She's always a woman to me" - I remember wondering if he was singing about his mother - It just didn't "fit".

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    . When John Stevens sang "She's always a woman to me" - I remember wondering if he was singing about his mother .

The new concept is good, because I have had enough of Simon complaining about contestants being too young. You picked the age limits didnt you, Mr Cowell?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast