+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon To Create An Older 'idol'

if this comes to the states then i hope they use the idea for next american idol, if they do i can guarantee a lot more people would show up for auditions
    kEnJiXs

BRING BACK SANJAYA... CHRIS RICHARDSON

Quote Originally Posted by kenjixs
    if this comes to the states then i hope they use the idea for next american idol, if they do i can guarantee a lot more people would show up for auditions
    Expecially now that the talent pool is becoming less and less.

Though there probably are some great 45+ singers, I don't think I would watch them. They probably would be just a better version of John Stevens.

Another thought..............If America votes, the winners will still be teeny boppers, look at the top 4 this week.

This is a great idea... I hope they go through with this idea in the states too...

One of the things that makes Nashville Star a better show than AI is that they have contestants from all ages, from 18 up to 40, they're all brilliant but ya get more diversity in performances etc... I think it makes it more interesting.... :-)

Besides...24 is very young, too young to have missed the boat already what stardom is concerned...
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Isn't 16 kinda young then for this particular comp?

If I read it right (I heard Simon's take on what's required to be a judge on radio), what this competition will be looking for are "mature" performers...why not then up the starting age to 20?

just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    That's it in a nutshell. I've never felt that the younger singers can sing about love or a broken heart with any real credibility. When John Stevens sang "She's always a woman to me" - I remember wondering if he was singing about his mother - It just didn't "fit".
    LOL!!! I know! And when he sang the lyrics from Crocadile Rock "lawdy momma", I was wondering the same thing!!!

Please Please Please bring this show to America.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere

One of the things that makes Nashville Star a better show than AI is that they have contestants from all ages, from 18 up to 40, they're all brilliant but ya get more diversity in performances etc... I think it makes it more interesting.... :-)
    Agreed. I don't even like country music that much but I've been watching Nashville Star every week (and I think it may even be making me a fan ). It's good, kinda puts AI to shame in some ways. The finalists are really good and yeah, they might actually know what they're talking about but when they're singing about heartbreak, etc.

Didn't Oprah have a contest similar to this? The winner was a gal from Detroit with a husband and FIVE kids!

Idea sounds good but I don't understand the idea of still leaving the minimum age to be 16? No younger than 21 please!

Premium Member
    According to an article I read earlier, he wants young people and old people so they can compete against each other.

The judges will choose 120 hopefuls, who will then be divided into three groups - older artists, younger artists and bands.

One judge will be assigned to each group, with the task of training them and choosing which will go on to the live finals.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3653461.stm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast