+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy SEALs Training: BUD/s Class 234

Navy SEALs Training: BUD/s Class 234

Discover Channel will be airing a new series, beginning Friday, December 20, at 9pm Eastern:

Welcome to BUD/s

60 min.
    Eighty-three trainees begin a physically grueling course designed to determine the very best students.

Immediately following that is episode 2:

It Pays to be a Winner

60 min.
    The toughest part of the training continues as the men try to remain injury-free during the physically rigorous program. Also: survival lessons.

This will be a very brutal and gripping show if they don't edit too much out.The SEAL instructors are even more brutal and sadistic than my DI'S were on Parris Island.

Not for the faint of heart or squeamish but i will watch it if i can fit it into my schedule.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

I know that BravoFan will be glued to the TV, but of course she'll have to TiVo it because it conflicts with the Survivor finale and reunion show

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well John, I've actually seen this! (they repeat this once in awhile). Wolf alert!!! I think she missed this (or one of the series) the last time it aired. There should be a part III as well. Hmmm.

And it is SO great! Seriously, it is one of the most amazing shows -- I may watch it again. Of course, never having gone through Bud/s myself, I don't know how much they edit out, but it doesn't seem like they could have left out much! I can't even believe what they have to go through both physically and mentally.

All I can say is...if I'm ever captured overseas or something, I definitely want a SEAL team to be the one to try to get me out.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Have I meantioned that I need to get cable? Wow! I really want to see this. It just sounds so interesting to me. I think Santa needs to see it too, Maybe I will have a little discusion with him about cableage of the Feifer residence. Wish me luck.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Good luck Feifer!

You WOULD really enjoy this. It's so interesting. Mr. BF and I were both glued to it...I think it's 3 shows, each 2 hours? (or maybe it's only 1).

But they show it relatively frequently so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get cable under the tree.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Yes, but BF, they are never going to fall for that trick you keep trying where you send a note to the SEAL's saying you are captured by terrorists in Northern Virginia.

Help me! Help me!

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill! (shh!!! You're giving me away )

Oh, and this is a 3 part series. The third part is not shown on the 20th after the first 2. However, if you would like to watch all 3 (and they are each 1 hour), you can watch them in succession on Dec. 24, 25, and 26 each night at 7pm on Discovery.

The 3rd part is called Two Weeks and a long Day (or something like that)

But if I remember right, you could watch any of them stand alone (you just wouldn't have the history of the men as they follow the same class all the way through)

Oooooooh...Did anybody say SEALs? These guys are my favorites of all the military men!!!

I did miss these shows last time they aired, and I'm not making that mistake again. I'll be taping them though, since I'll be going out of town that Friday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast