+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Walswick Family 05/02

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Walswick Family 05/02

A DYING FRIEND'S REQUEST IS FULFILLED WHEN A WIDOWED
    MOTHER AND HER NINE CHILDREN RECEIVE THEIR DREAM HOME,
    ON ABC'S "EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION"

"Walswick Family" - When Martha Walswick lost her husband following a three-year fight with cancer last summer, this brave woman told her nine children, ages four to 21 years old, that they needed to pull together for what she called their "new adventure." Now, thanks to a selfless woman's dying wish for something special to be given to the Walswicks, this family from Yorba Linda, California, is indeed experiencing a new adventure -- and more -- on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," airing SUNDAY, MAY 2(8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Martha usually accompanied her husband, Greg, to his cancer treatments and, while there, they met J.J. and Kelley Carrell. Kelley was undergoing the same treatments as Martha's husband. The two couples became such good friends that Kelley's last wish to her husband was for him to do something special for Martha. When Kelley passed away, J.J. and Martha bonded in their grief.

Greg was the do-it-yourselfer in the house, but since his death, the house had fallen into a bit of disrepair. To honor his wife's request, J.J. was going to remodel the Walswick's kitchen, but when he heard about ABC's new home makeover show, he decided to nominate this deserving family. He told them that the Walswick family home needed some extra space, so that those kids who want to get into acting can have a place to practice and those who like the outdoors could enjoy their back yard.

During the home's demolition and total reconstruction, Martha and her children -- Mary, 21, Stephen, 19, Eric, 18, Emily, 17, Maureen, 14, Gregory, 11, Philip, 9, Bridget, 5 and four-year-old Catherine -- enjoyed a seven-day vacation at the Palm Springs Hilton Garden Inn. Meanwhile their entire home experienced a complete transformation from the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" creative design team, contractors and over 100 workers.

On the day of the "reveal," over 1000 friends and neighbors of the Walswicks and J.J. and Kelley Carrell turned out to welcome the family home. Kelley's wish to help the Walswicks has been truly fulfilled, beyond anyone's imagination.

For this "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," the design team features team leader Ty Pennington and designers Dawson Connor, Paige Hemmis, Michael Moloney and Constance Ramos.

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman and Craig Armstrong.

A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    I am stocking up on Kleenex for this one already.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

It is great that 10 people will have a new house.

FORT Newbie
    I know Stephen from that family. I know him for 5 years now and I truly believe that his family deserved that renovation. I felt sorry for Mary and Stephen cuz they dont live there anymore and didn't get the decorated rooms lol, but hey, they still both got laptops just like everyone else in the family. I especially like the cool treehouse the kids got. To enter the treehouse you have to go inside the tree to get to the second floor (its so funny to see Steve go up the tree house by going into the tree cuz he is like 6'4). Its got spotlights, a slide, and a rope to climb up or go down the treehous wit. What I found weird with all the stuff Extreme Makeovers gave them was all the tech stuff like laptops, printers, digital camcorders, Playstation 2s, and a projector. (yep a projector) it is for their mini movie screen in the treehouse. Whats weird about it is that they arent the type of family that uses tech stuff. So far they havent used any of the tech stuff yet. LOL (actually Stephen and Mary are the only ones that uses the laptops). Im like, hell, let me have 'em. But yeah this family totally deserved this makeover.
    Last edited by Visonik238; 05-01-2004 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Visonik238
    I know Stephen from that family. I know him for 5 years now and I truly believe that his family deserved that renovation. I felt sorry for Mary and Stephen cuz they dont live there anymore and didn't get the decorated rooms lol, but hey, they still both got laptops just like everyone else in the family. I especially like the cool treehouse the kids got. To enter the treehouse you have to go inside the tree to get to the second floor (its so funny to see Steve go up the tree house by going into the tree cuz he is like 6'4). Its got spotlights, a slide, and a rope to climb up or go down the treehous wit. What I found weird with all the stuff Extreme Makeovers gave them was all the tech stuff like laptops, printers, digital camcorders, Playstation 2s, and a projector. (yep a projector) it is for their mini movie screen in the treehouse. Whats weird about it is that they arent the type of family that uses tech stuff. So far they havent used any of the tech stuff yet. LOL (actually Stephen and Mary are the only ones that uses the laptops). Im like, hell, let me have 'em. But yeah this family totally deserved this makeover.
    Thanks for the info, though this is a spoiler. I am surprised that they moved already and all the rooms in the house werent re-decerated.

Thanks for the post.

My mistake the family didn't move, the two kids Stephan and Martha are away at college

Amazing house! One of the better ones, I say that every week.

I loved how the girl's room had the retractable wall.

The two little girls were adorable.

The game room was amazing!

The outdoor theater is so funny, reminds me of Disney World

The kids were so appricative, it was amazing.

FORT Newbie
    I know, they are soo appreciative of everything they got. It was so weird watching them on TV, cuz when they asked Mary and Stephen to say something to their family while they were on their vacation, I expected Stephen to say something funny--because he is so hilarious. I guess he was too nervous since millions of people were gonna watch it. I went to their house the other day and man, are they using those stoves and ovens. They were using four stoves to cook bacon and sausages and the other four for cookin 40-50 eggs. LOL. Anyways Id say that the most appreciative ones are Bridget and Cathy. Whenever I visit, they are always, and I mean always, at the treehouse. If they could, they'd sleep up there LOL. They might as well, they have their food sent up to them there and they already have blankets and clothes there too. LOL.

That was a great episode, I think the saddest part was when they saw their dads chair and they all basically skipped over the games and went right to that chair and stared at it together. Thanks for the updates Visonik, deffinetly a deserving family and good to see they are enjoying everything.

I enjoyed this episode also. I loved the ballet room for the little girls. The thing that got me teary-eyed was the rememberance wall with all the family photos, including the dad, with the candles in front. That was really a nice touch.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast