+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover 04/28 - Mike & Kristina (and a new format!)

Extreme Makeover 04/28 - Mike & Kristina (and a new format!)

"EXTREME MAKEOVER" GETS A BRAND NEW LOOK! NO NEED TO WAIT
    UNTIL THE END OF THE SHOW TO SEE THE NIGHT'S FIRST REVEAL...
    IT HAPPENS IN THE VERY FIRST HALF-HOUR!, APRIL 28 ON ABC

"The Bachelor" Host Chris Harrison Makes an Appearance to Give Dating Tips

A Car Mechanic Who Needs a Total Overhaul and a Young Mother Who Looks Older Than Her Years Are the Next Two Lucky Individuals to Have Their Looks and Lives Dramatically Transformed

"Episode 220" - Just in time for spring, the hit reality show "Extreme Makeover" gets its own makeover. No longer do you need to wait until the end of the show to see the first reveal. The before-and-after transformation happens in the very first half-hour! The first half-hour will feature Mike, a 21-year-old car mechanic from Port Hueneme, CA, and the second half hour features Kristina, a 25-year-old office manager from Marshville, NC, on "Extreme Makeover," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Mike and Kristina were given a life-changing experience, as they were able to change their looks in an effort to transform their lives and destinies and to make their dreams come true. This was all accomplished through the skills of an "Extreme Team," including plastic surgeons, cosmetic dentists and dermatologists, with a talented team of hair and makeup artists, stylists and personal trainers.

Self-conscious of his appearance, Mike prefers to remain in the corner during social gatherings. An auto repair technician, he feels more comfortable fixing cars than fixing his love life. He finished no. 1 in his class at Universal Technical Institute and was accepted to the BMW Service Technician Education Program, an elite program that takes only eight new students nationwide each year. As a car mechanic whose dating life is a wreck, Mike gets a head-to-toe overhaul at the "Extreme Makeover" body shop. In addition he gets expert dating advice from "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison!

Mike's procedures included otoplasty (ears pinned), rhinoplasty, laser skin treatment, photodynamic therapy, smoothbeam, skin medical peel, laser hair removal, acne surgery, lip and gum repositioning, 16 da Vinci porcelain veneers and Zoom whitening.

Mike's "Extreme Team" included:

* Dr. Harvey A. Zarem, a prominent board-certified plastic surgeon in Santa Monica

* Dentist Dr. William Dorfman, one of the pioneers of tooth whitening. Celebrity clientele includes Matthew Perry, Usher, Ali Landry, Brooke Burke and Melissa Joan Hart

* Host Chris Harrison of the hit reality show "The Bachelor"

* Periodontist Dr. Ari Rosenblatt

* Dermatologist Ava T. Shamban, owner and director of the Laser Institute for Dermatology in Santa Monica

* Master body sculptor and rapid weight-loss expert Michael Thurmond, who trains various red-carpet celebrities

* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura, who has served as a celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV's "Movie House" and the Osbournes

* Hairstylist Alex Roldan of the Alex Roldan Salon

* Colorist Jana Petrgalovic of the Alex Roldan Salon

* As per Michael Thurmond's customized diet regimens, gourmet custom meals are provided by Sally Ann Catering

Kristina has come a long way from the struggles she faced when she was forced to drop out of school after getting pregnant. She has since found the perfect husband, received her high school diploma with honors and runs her own successful business. But at the age of only 25, Kristina looks old beyond her years, and she longs to take years off of her appearance. Kristina wanted an extreme makeover so she could be as proud of her outward appearance as she is of turning her life around.
    Kristina received rhinoplasty, scar revision on upper lip, collagen in lower lip, breast lift, tummy tuck, chin contouring, photodynamic therapy for acne rosacea, tattoo removal, LASIK eye surgery, 5 immediate load implants and 2 two permanent bridges, 6 upper da Vinci porcelain veneers and Zoom whitening.
    Kristina's "Extreme Team" included:

* Dr. Anthony Griffin, a boar certified member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons

* Dentist Dr. William Dorfman, one of the pioneers of tooth whitening. Celebrity clientele includes Matthew Perry, Usher, Ali Landry, Brooke Burke and Melissa Joan Hart

* Periodontist Dr. Jeffrey Ganeles, a diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and creator of TeethToday, a technique using dental implants to immediately restore missing teeth

* Dr. Robert Maloney, considered one of the 10 best LASIK surgeons in the world, who has performed LASIK surgery on such celebrities as Cindy Crawford and Barry Manilow

* Dermatologist Dr. Ava T. Shamban, owner and director of the Laser Institute for Dermatology in Santa Monica

* Master body sculptor and rapid weight-loss expert Michael Thurmond, who trains various red-carpet celebrities

* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura, who has served as a celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV's "Movie House," Aerosmith and the Osbournes

* Fashion Designer Trina Turk of the Trina Turk Boutique

* Hairstylist Ken Paves

* Colorist Laura Niles

* Makeup artist Kara Mitchell

* As per Michael Thurmond's customized diet regimens, gourmet custom meals are provided by Sally Ann Catering

"Extreme Makeover" is produced by New Screen Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment. Chuck Bangert, Lou Gorfain and Howard Schultz are the executive producers.

A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

"The Bachelor" Host Chris Harrison Makes an Appearance to Give Dating Tips

These tips must also include lessons on how to say "Ladies, this is the final rose for tonight".

Michelle Kwan is Da Queen amykaren's Avatar
    Dam* that man turned out HOT!!!!!!!!

POD
    FORT Newbie

Some criticisms of the show

Overall, great show but there are elements that are really tacky!

For Mike, I could have done without all the car and auto repair metaphors, talk about beating a dead horse! They literally take that horse, kill it, bury it, and bring it to Frankenstiens lab to be reanimated.... blah blah, 'we're gonna fix his hood, ding out the zits, add some horsepower to his chassis', GIVE IT A REST ABC! Although I must say Mike did look good in the end. I hope that he finally gets some action. I cringed when he announced to all of America that he's a 21 year old virgin. Ouch!

As for Kristina, she looked good but I wouldn't say she looked like a 25 year old woman. She reminded me of a middle aged woman trying to look young but wearing too much makeup. I'm curious to see what she would look like on a normal day. And although I don't have children, I couldn't imagine how a mother could abandon a new born child for 2 months. That's sick!

And by the way, with Kristina too, they took that butterfly/cocoon metaphor and ran with it as far as they could. She just wandered into the park and found a butterfly on her finger?! Please, I bet they paid top dollar for a bug wrangler.

Criticisms aside, I enjoyed the show and the new format. Both Mike and Kristina looked very happy, I just wish that they could get rid of the tacky & dated elements of the show that detract from the makeover process.

LMAO@Mike to Chris Harrison.." Did you see that? She wants me!"

they both turned out great. kristina's before nose was terrible. pretty pathetic she could put two fingers in her nostril. EM is great. it's such a 'feel good' show.

FORT Newbie
    Kristy and Mike both turned out great! You could tell that they both lacked confidence in themselves before their makeovers. They both exuded confidence after their makeovers. Sure, we all know that alot of the show is staged. Who cares if ABC used the car metaphors with Mike and the caterpillar/butterfly thing with Kristy? I think Mike should be proud to be a 21 year old virgin. What's more is that he had the courage to say it on national TV. Putting two fingers up her nose was brave of Kristy. It was great that she actually made light of it with a giggle. Hats off to both of them! God puts us where he wants us and I think God wanted them both to be on EM. Congratulations on another great show ABC! I'll be watching and crying for episodes to come!

FORT Newbie
    I would just like to say that any one of you people given the chance to be on the show would take it.
    Also My son was very well taken care of with my mother every day, and my wonderful husband at night. He was not a newborn when I left. My mother and my husband love my son just as much as I do, so I was at peace with the fact he was in good hands. If I would have had to put him in daycare, I would have never gone. My son does not now, nor has he ever attended a daycare.
    Also I would like to add that my reveal make up, was different than the makeup I had in california, and I was not as pleased with it. Thats all I will say about that. I, my family, and everyone I know thinks I am beautiful, so frankly thats all that matters to me.
    And finally, ladies, Mike looked way better in person. He was the most awesome guy to know. He deserves an awesome girl.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvmyangels2
    I would just like to say that any one of you people given the chance to be on the show would take it.
    Also My son was very well taken care of with my mother every day, and my wonderful husband at night. He was not a newborn when I left. My mother and my husband love my son just as much as I do, so I was at peace with the fact he was in good hands. If I would have had to put him in daycare, I would have never gone. My son does not now, nor has he ever attended a daycare.
    Also I would like to add that my reveal make up, was different than the makeup I had in california, and I was not as pleased with it. Thats all I will say about that. I, my family, and everyone I know thinks I am beautiful, so frankly thats all that matters to me.
    And finally, ladies, Mike looked way better in person. He was the most awesome guy to know. He deserves an awesome girl.

Kristy had more love and support from her family than most could ever hope for. As with all the others, she and Mike were blessed having been chosen for the show, considering the thousands that apply. I have always taught my children too treat others as you would want too be treated. Who are we too judge? We are all equal in Gods eyes. I have never known a more loving or devoted mother than Kristy. Ray and the children are her life. And she is mine.
    She took on the responsibility of motherhood at the age of 15, and at such a young age was as dedicated , if not more than any I have seen. The show leaves you seeing what they want you too see......how they want you too see it, and the final result. The everyday lives of these people are left out. Until you have walked in those shoes and felt the pain they felt everyday Don't judge, leave that too God, just try too understand. So hold your head up Kristy.....you have nothing too be ahsamed of. Our beautiful butterfly, it's your turn too fly.
    And as for Mike, you are more of a man than many I have known, It will be a very lucky lady that wins your love. You should not be ashamed of being a virign, in fact the world would be a much better place if there were more like you.

FORT Newbie

mike cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by POD
    Overall, great show but there are elements that are really tacky!

For Mike, I could have done without all the car and auto repair metaphors, talk about beating a dead horse! They literally take that horse, kill it, bury it, and bring it to Frankenstiens lab to be reanimated.... blah blah, 'we're gonna fix his hood, ding out the zits, add some horsepower to his chassis', GIVE IT A REST ABC! Although I must say Mike did look good in the end. I hope that he finally gets some action. I cringed when he announced to all of America that he's a 21 year old virgin. Ouch!

As for Kristina, she looked good but I wouldn't say she looked like a 25 year old woman. She reminded me of a middle aged woman trying to look young but wearing too much makeup. I'm curious to see what she would look like on a normal day. And although I don't have children, I couldn't imagine how a mother could abandon a new born child for 2 months. That's sick!

And by the way, with Kristina too, they took that butterfly/cocoon metaphor and ran with it as far as they could. She just wandered into the park and found a butterfly on her finger?! Please, I bet they paid top dollar for a bug wrangler.

Criticisms aside, I enjoyed the show and the new format. Both Mike and Kristina looked very happy, I just wish that they could get rid of the tacky & dated elements of the show that detract from the makeover process.
    I

I THINK MIKE TURN OUT GREAT.HEY GOOD JOB THAT YOU ARE STILL A VIRGIN [mod snip] AND I WISH THAT THERE WERE MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU.IM PROUD THAT A MAN THAT WAS READY CUTE TO BEGAN WITH SAID THAT HE WAS A VIGIN SOME BODY SAID SOME THING GOOD FOR A CHANGE
    Last edited by John; 05-04-2004 at 07:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast