+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster House - Lost it's charm??

Monster House - Lost it's charm??

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to posit something. We here at our house are big Monster House fans, and my wife is especially fond of Steve. *lol*

But my question here is, with a show like Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on the air now, has Monster House lost some of it's appeal and charm? It's seemed to me that over the last few months, the episodes that have been new have appeared to do less and less to 'monsterize' a given house, and EM:HE just ups the ante for this type of project. Wouldn't it be AMAZING to see a Monster House project with an ABC-TV/Disney level budget??? At the very least, this show needs a makeover of it's own...more guys on a build, bigger prizes...something??!??

Oh...and kill that freakin' theme song while you're at it. :rolleyes Have the Monster Garage guy do it.

Thoughts?

I agree about Extreme Makeover. It makes Steve's projects look small and easy.

::sigh:: But he's so hot!!!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    ::sigh:: But he's so hot!!!
    I know....I KNOW!!!!!!

If I hear my wife say it one more time...I'll...I'LL...*sigh*... I won't do anything, will I?

*heh*

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yeah..it sorta has gone somewhat downhill for me. Mostly because they played so many damn repeats, that I rarely check to see when it's a new episode anymore. But, when I DO catch a new one...I'm not liking the "projects" that they chose to do.
    To compare it to EM is really hard cause MH's whole thing is to have "regular people" do the work in hopes of doing it in a very specified time frame and win a prize.
    The EM is basically giving a "needy" family thousands of dollars of work/stuff to improve (basically give a new home) what they have.

I do know what you're saying though. My "lack of interest" is due to not enough new episodes and too many repeats.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Yes, it has been hard waiting for new episodes. I don't know what is up with that, since they were completing a new house every 2 weeks through the first and second season. Maybe they're saving them up??? I don't know. The Viking house had some fun drama, though!

Viking house was great for drama, in fact I got to see when it repeats cause I missed some of the middle while doing dishes. (yes I am domestic, not domesticated though) I do have to say that its hard to compare the two shows since MH deals with a redecorating theme and EM:HE deals with a total living upgrade for a family. I do have to say though that I do look for MH in the tv guide and catch EM whenever I have nothing else to watch.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I still love it- Better than Extreme Makeover

I have to say that Monster House hasn't lost any charm for me, whatsoever. In fact, a sick little part of me loves some of the more recent episodes when one of the crew has turned out to be a real loser. The tension makes for great drama.

I'm still watching MH, but it's really lost its charm for me.

In A Fix, however, has become its replacement. Haven't missed an episode yet. More Justin!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

In a Fix is great John!

Although I'll still watch MH, the charm has dwindled.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'm going to have to find another show to be on so I can be special again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast