+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Showbiz Moms & Dads (Bravo)

Showbiz Moms & Dads (Bravo)

Bravo shines the spotlight on the real lives of parents and their would-be child stars in the new original weekly series "Showbiz Moms & Dads." This six-part, one-hour series features five extraordinary families from around the country determined to find fame and fortune for their children—no matter what the cost.
    This show's airing days/times must vary by location. Their site says it started Tues. April 13 on Bravo at 9/8 et, but in Arizona at least it is starting Weds. April 14 at 9/8 et. Their website might be wrong because here it did not come on and is not listed until Weds.!

Anyways, should be interesting! I'll definitely be watching. Those stage parents can be craaazy.

The families featured:

The Nutters — mom, dad and seven kids — who relocated from a rural home in Vermont to a tiny two-bedroom apartment in New York so the whole family could pursue acting careers in the big city.

Hollywood agent Kimberly Stephens and her daughter, Jordan Moseley, a young actress well on her way to success after roles in two feature films and on the Disney Channel's "That's So Raven."

Four year-old pageant participant Emily Tye, whose mom Debbie spends upwards of $20,000 a year to keep her young daughter competitive.

Motivated Florida mom Debbie Klingensmith and son Shane, who she hopes to groom into a teen heartthrob and singing sensation.

Aspiring teen actor Jordan Barron and her mom Tiffany, who struggles with a demanding schedule of holding down a job, raising two kids and shuttling Jordan to auditions and acting classes.
    More info: http://www.bravotv.com/Showbiz_Moms_&_Dads/
    Last edited by DJeterFan; 04-13-2004 at 10:46 PM.

Hmm, for some reason there is no edit option, so I will add that this show did indeed premiere Tuesday, April 13 at 9 pm est. It repeats this week, but the next new one is next Tuesday.

This show was great, and got rave reviews! Definetly a must see TV show!

E is for Ernest SisterGracieLou's Avatar
    I agree! This show was great. I think they did a great job of presenting a balance of the good and bad aspects of pursuing success as an actor. The people were not all necessarily likable, but there were interesting. I am definitely hooked.

I really enjoyed it as well.

I like that little girl Jordan who was on the tv shows; she seems grounded and her mom seems okay, too.

I found the little pageant girl's story very interesting but her mom made me a little naseaous.

The boy trying to be a teen heartthrob singer?? Bad, bad singer!!

Great show! I am hooked as well.

I agree Djeterfan! The boy's voice was horrible! I have never heard a worst voice!

It is good because it doesnt make the stagemoms and dads look totally horrible

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar

Another reality show to add to my television viewing

I have to admit, Jordan (the one in Florida, I think) is too much. Her Mom and her younger sister is sarcificing so much and it seems like she taking it lightly, her career and preparation needed for her career. YIKES!!
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    It was premiering during the Dateline-Behind the Scenes of The Apprentice, so I missed it. Hopefully I'll catch the repeat. Sounds like everyone liked it.
    Was the mom who everyone was pretty much disgusted with, the mom on the commercials saying, "You're 4 years old, act like it!"??
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    It was premiering during the Dateline-Behind the Scenes of The Apprentice, so I missed it. Hopefully I'll catch the repeat. Sounds like everyone liked it.
    Was the mom who everyone was pretty much disgusted with, the mom on the commercials saying, "You're 4 years old, act like it!"??
    Debbie Tye is the crazy mother of the four year old. They had interesting editing with the mom saying something and then showing actions that contradicted her statements. The mom would say "she loves pageants" and then they would show Emily (the four year old) crying that she didn't want to do something for the pageant. Then they showed the mom saying "she doesn't understand the concept of winning" and then they show Emily crying because she came in fourth not first.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

I cannot believe they actually spray tan a little four year old and also use false eyelashes, hair extensions, etc. Oh my goodness.

The mom wouldn't let her go to the bathroom either. It was sad.

I agree about that other Jordan, the teenage one. I think she's just being a snotty teenager, though. It seems she kind of wants to act. Man, I could not handle someone talking back to me like that! That would drive me nuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 123456789101151 ... LastLast