+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Showbiz Moms & Dads (Bravo)

Another interesting and revealing show.

The young Jordan is the most talented and centered of all the struggling stars on this show. She has an incredible talent and understands fairly well the difference between reality and acting. But I do think that her mom devotes too much time and energy towards her. The woman needs a date!

The older Jordan is at an interesting place in her life - teenager. She is growing into her own person and needs her mom's help and guidance, not criticism and silly rules (have you practiced, I have to approve of her outfits, etc).

The Nutters are just plain nutters. The wife is so introverted I am surprised she was at the meeting in the first place! I feel bad for the children, none of them have admitted that this is something they want to do. Apparently, the Nutter household is a dictatorship, being led by a delusional father. The entire family are being sheep because they are too afraid of the dad and what would happen if they were honest with him. Sad, really.

Poor little Emily. My heart goes out to all little girls who are put in this situation. I just love how her mother says one thing and the editors show her doing the exact opposite. "We let her play in regular clothes and be a little girl between each part of the competition" and then we see little Emily jumping and her mom saying "No jumping, you will ruin your hair."

And who can forget Shane? I have to give his mom props for getting him to an agent, he needed one. But the woman looked like she was performing for the cameras, her eyes looked glazed when saying how happy she was that Shane was her client once again. I do have to admit my disguist with his mother during his photo shoot. She was telling anyone who would listen that her son was a star. He was getting his head shots done!! She was completely misleading all of those people.

I can't NOT watch this show!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Emily's mother sets my teeth on edge. What she's doing to that four-year-old kid is creepy. Bet if you tried to tell her that, she'd knock you through a wall. Or at least cuss you to within an inch of your life. :nono

Both the older Jordan and her mother need a reality check, quick, fast and in a hurry. Mom kisses that kid's rear end and the kid bullies the mother and her sister around.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Shane's mother has a crush on him.

Ma Nutter and the kids need to run for their lives in the middle of the night. Pa Nutter IS a Nutter.

The younger Jordan and her mother both seem to have their feet planted firmly on the ground in an insane business. Good for them!

Will I watch again?

You betcha!
    Last edited by ness; 04-22-2004 at 11:59 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I don't have much to say...but I am watching it.

I think it's gross how parents can do this crap to their children.
    One thing I've gotten from watching so far... I can be a talent scout even!! As long as I convert my garage and have a contract for those chitlins to sign in crayon with.. BAM! Instant mula!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    One thing I've gotten from watching so far... I can be a talent scout even!! As long as I convert my garage and have a contract for those chitlins to sign in crayon with.. BAM! Instant mula!
    I watched a bit of a show on Bravo last night about pageants..and there was a woman who was basically running a whole pageant out of her converted garage! I think you could do this if you wanted some quick cash!

It was pretty freaky, though--at the end of the pageant she and her minions were all singing "That's What Friends Are For" to some invisible audience. It was too Michael Jackson-ish for me!

Misscrispy, I saw that also. It was on A&E though. I think it was called Baby Beauty Pageants.

That was waaaaay freaky when they're all singing "That's What Friends Are For" at the end. Yikes. It was like a cult.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Misscrispy, I saw that also. It was on A&E though. I think it was called Baby Beauty Pageants.

That was waaaaay freaky when they're all singing "That's What Friends Are For" at the end. Yikes. It was like a cult.
    The way you two are describing the singing is cracking me up! Now I want to see it, just to get freaked out.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

These comments are so witty and TRUE.

"If I didn't know better, I'd swear Shane's mother has a crush on him." LOL!

Watched my first episode last week and LOOKING forward to watching it tomorrow. That little beauty star pageant girl's mother is a WITCH! A lot of these parents need to take a reality break/check.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The way you two are describing the singing is cracking me up! Now I want to see it, just to get freaked out.
    Maveno, you have no idea.

Picture a crappy motel "ballroom" filled with pageant kids clumped together in the middle of the room, an older woman who is all dolled up for the event with a microphone begins singing 'That's What Friends are For' along to a scratchy cassette tape, the pageant kids joining in when they know the words, mothers of the pageant kids clinging to each other and wiping tears away, and the pageant director sitting in the middle of all the kids also crying and singing along. Unreal.

Just a reminder its on tonight

Today's episode was great!

I loved when the girl goes "My mom doesn't want me to be white"

Duncan is what we these days call metrosexuals

I found it scary that the little pagent girl has a 9 year old brother, I bet he gets no attention

And the most annoying quote of this series is "Maybe we shouldn't do pagents."

That mom has a serious crush on her son aka HOT HOT HOT
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 04-27-2004 at 09:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread