+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Showbiz Moms & Dads (Bravo)

I missed the premiere but caught the rerun on Friday night... (Tivoed it and watched on Sat. morning!). It was very strange to watch, but I couldn't take my eyes away! Very wierd people! I have a season pass on the DVR...curious to see where things go!

live on a small farm new england originally from Sweden-English is my second language.
    Wow! I wasn't sure when the show was on or if it is any good-now I know and now I'll watch-I love FORT posts! Thank you! (I sound like a paid participant of a tv infomercial). [B]

Wow! I wasn't sure when the show was on or if it is any good-now I know and now I'll watch-I love FORT posts! Thank you!

It's a really good show! It's on tonight so don't miss it!

This show was on my list after I saw ads for it on Bravo. I love the majority of Bravo's original programming and the premiere episode didn't disappoint!

DJeterFan - I can't that you didn't mention how NUTTY the Nutter dad is!! That man scared the heck out of me, his poor kids! The young boy singing "Hot Hot Hot" was horrendous, but I do think that it was because of his voice changing and poor direction from his mother. I can't wait to watch tonight's episode!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

There's more than fiction Honeyspur's Avatar
    Anyone catch S M & D last night?
    Anyone think Mr. Nutter is a CONTROL FREAK??

I loved the way he completely blew their chance with the producer at dinner. I thought he was going to jump at the offer/contract!
    If you ask me, he's got a tight hold over his wife and kids.
    How can six people who all want to lead normal lives, let one member of the family take over everything?

I was glued to my television during this, but only because it was like a big freaking train wreck. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or just be apalled.

Jordan is a snotty teenager who runs all over her mother (who seems to be betting on that big paycheck herself and spent a lot of time talking about how dedicated she was to her kids while cramming junk food down their throats and telling them to leave her alone while she did other things). Mom seems like just as much a teenager as the snot older daughter. The younger one seems cute for now, but she's showing some signs of taking after Jordan, sadly.

The whole Nutter family is nutter butters if they think they're actors. They were just horrible and Mr. Nutter has a demonic look to him, especially when he decided to rip off the hand feeding him and attack the guy who was trying to get him a show. Mrs. looks to be the most normal, but that's not saying a lot.

Where to begin on Mr. Hot Hot Hot/Cold Cold Cold. His mother ought to be ashamed of herself, making him think that he's this immense talent and actually having the nerve (and apparent insanity) to claim on television that she knows he's going to be the next teen idol. The poor kid can't sing well, can't dance to save his life, and while cute, has an overbite that doesn't bode well for teen hearthrob status. When Mom was "dancing" (and I use the term very loosely because I don't believe for a minute that she is any kind of professional dancer) with her son, my own came over to watch and told me if I ever tried to dance with him like that, he'd kick me in the knees. What on earth was with the "backup dancers?" One looked 6' tall, the other looked like she was 7. This was by far the creepiest of the segments, IMHO. I ended up just feeling really really badly for this kid whose mother has built his hopes up so high there's no way he'll be happy unless he's the next Justin Timberlake.

Pageant Queenlet was what I expected. Lots of Moms turning their own kids into living Barbie dolls so they can live a new childhood for themselves where they're pretty and can have crowns and trophies. None of these kids looked like they enjoyed a thing - at 4, my rather driven son enjoyed bugs and getting dirty, not spending hours primping for a pageant (I don't even spend hours getting ready for anything). Mom tells daughter that winning isn't important, it's having fun, then when daughter doesn't win, Mom sobs into the arms of other pageant moms. I don't know why she was offended by the label "another Jon-Benet," it looks like that's exactly what she's trying to turn her daughter into.

The one shining spot was little Jordan. She was cute, seemed prepared and professional and yet still was having fun during the taping of the show. I loved the interaction between her and her mom, Mom seems blessedly grounded about the whole thing and while being her daughter's manager, doesn't lose sight of the fact that she's also her mom and can handle disciplining her.

Bizarre show, not sure if I'll watch again or not. It was just a little too high on the "ick" factor for me.
    Last edited by pink_princess; 04-21-2004 at 12:45 PM.

I agree with everything you said, pink_princess!

I could not believe that the mom of the pageant girl made her look in the mirror when she had just woken up and said, "Is this a pretty girl?" The little girl shook her head and her mom agreed. WHAT?! A four year old waking up in the morning is forced to look at herself before she has MAKEUP on and say she's ugly? My God, she will have the worst self-esteem ever.

The Nutters- ugh. I don't even like watching that aspect of the show. I jus wish they'd not show them.

The little girl Jordan is great- she's cute, sweet, seems smart, and definitely talented. I was impressed when she was in that acting class.

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyspur
    Anyone catch S M & D last night?
    Anyone think Mr. Nutter is a CONTROL FREAK??

I loved the way he completely blew their chance with the producer at dinner. I thought he was going to jump at the offer/contract!
    If you ask me, he's got a tight hold over his wife and kids.
    How can six people who all want to lead normal lives, let one member of the family take over everything?
    I agree! I can't believe that he sabatoged the deal based on a few misspellings and grammatical errors. One of the producers was right, that the larger issue was between Mr. & Mrs. Nutter. That's probably why he really sabatoged the deal.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Thanks for the link. I missed it the first time and didn't get to go straight home to set the VCR. The reruns are tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    I was glued to my television during this, but only because it was like a big freaking train wreck. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or just be apalled.

Jordan is a snotty teenager who runs all over her mother (who seems to be betting on that big paycheck herself and spent a lot of time talking about how dedicated she was to her kids while cramming junk food down their throats and telling them to leave her alone while she did other things). Mom seems like just as much a teenager as the snot older daughter. The younger one seems cute for now, but she's showing some signs of taking after Jordan, sadly.

The whole Nutter family is nutter butters if they think they're actors. They were just horrible and Mr. Nutter has a demonic look to him, especially when he decided to rip off the hand feeding him and attack the guy who was trying to get him a show. Mrs. looks to be the most normal, but that's not saying a lot.

Where to begin on Mr. Hot Hot Hot/Cold Cold Cold. His mother ought to be ashamed of herself, making him think that he's this immense talent and actually having the nerve (and apparent insanity) to claim on television that she knows he's going to be the next teen idol. The poor kid can't sing well, can't dance to save his life, and while cute, has an overbite that doesn't bode well for teen hearthrob status. When Mom was "dancing" (and I use the term very loosely because I don't believe for a minute that she is any kind of professional dancer) with her son, my own came over to watch and told me if I ever tried to dance with him like that, he'd kick me in the knees. What on earth was with the "backup dancers?" One looked 6' tall, the other looked like she was 7. This was by far the creepiest of the segments, IMHO. I ended up just feeling really really badly for this kid whose mother has built his hopes up so high there's no way he'll be happy unless he's the next Justin Timberlake.

Pageant Queenlet was what I expected. Lots of Moms turning their own kids into living Barbie dolls so they can live a new childhood for themselves where they're pretty and can have crowns and trophies. None of these kids looked like they enjoyed a thing - at 4, my rather driven son enjoyed bugs and getting dirty, not spending hours primping for a pageant (I don't even spend hours getting ready for anything). Mom tells daughter that winning isn't important, it's having fun, then when daughter doesn't win, Mom sobs into the arms of other pageant moms. I don't know why she was offended by the label "another Jon-Benet," it looks like that's exactly what she's trying to turn her daughter into.

The one shining spot was little Jordan. She was cute, seemed prepared and professional and yet still was having fun during the taping of the show. I loved the interaction between her and her mom, Mom seems blessedly grounded about the whole thing and while being her daughter's manager, doesn't lose sight of the fact that she's also her mom and can handle disciplining her.

Bizarre show, not sure if I'll watch again or not. It was just a little too high on the "ick" factor for me.
    Great Recap!

I too love the show. Jordan is the only good one, and her mom seems to be in it for the right reasons.

I cannot stand that horrible Aaron Carter wannbe. Who would even want his autograph. And his mom promotes him like a trophy

+ Reply to Thread