+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Swan - Before & After Shots

The Swan - Before & After Shots

Hey, all. Here are some before/after shots I've screenshot from the FOX site. The pictures don't give much insight into these women's internal work, and I'm certainly divided about the merits of this show, but here they are. Enjoy (I think)! (In other words, I know this show has sparked some controversy, but be kind to each other, please. )

Kelly A., Before
    [img]images/img/1.jpg[/img] [img]images/img/kelly-swan.jpg[/img]

Kelly A., After
    [img]images/img/2.jpg[/img] [img]images/img/4.jpg[/img]

Rachel L., Before
    [img]images/img/5.jpg[/img] [img]images/img/rachel-swan.jpg[/img]

Rachel L., After
    [img]images/img/6.jpg[/img] [img]images/img/8.jpg[/img]

Kelly has such an unattractive smile

But hmm... Kelly looks like Barbie.

They both look very pretty though. It's really nice to see the confidence shine through them.

Thank you for taking the time to post these!

Rachel looks awesome.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Kelly has such an unattractive smile

I think maybe it just isn't a genuine smile. She's smiling with her mouth only, not her eyes, not the rest of her face. . .this woman definetly has issues.

I think after watching the 2nd installment of this show tonight, I'm not as interested as I thought. These women really have some deep psychological problems that they are trying to fix with plastic surgery. . .it's getting a little disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by kt17014
    I think maybe it just isn't a genuine smile. She's smiling with her mouth only, not her eyes, not the rest of her face. . .this woman definetly has issues.

I think after watching the 2nd installment of this show tonight, I'm not as interested as I thought. These women really have some deep psychological problems that they are trying to fix with plastic surgery. . .it's getting a little disturbing.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, KT. Like, her smile just seems... off. I dunno though, because I think my smile is absolutely horrendous and I'm such a giggler

Hmm... I think their psychological problems come from thinking they are ugly, and if they feel more attractive, I think it definately helps for the psychological problems to go away. Not to mention, they DO give them counseling & therapy which is a very good deal if you ask me.

You know what I just noticed? Is it just me, or does one of Kelly's eyes look way bigger than the other? O.o

You know what I just noticed? Is it just me, or does one of Kelly's eyes look way bigger than the other? O.o
    I see what you're talking about. In the left photo it looks almost closed. She looks more normal in the photo on the right.

Maybe she was doing some kind of half-a$$ wink, or something?

If so, that's NOT something she should be doing any time in the near (or distant) future.

Spring & Fall: Preferred

I completely agree. : This is the first time I watched, and it will be the last.

Hmm... I think their psychological problems come from thinking they are ugly, and if they feel more attractive, I think it definately helps for the psychological problems to go away. Not to mention, they DO give them counseling & therapy which is a very good deal if you ask me.
    I would agree that counseling is an excellent idea, but I think the counseling should come BEFORE the surgery, to make sure they're stable, and doing this for the right reason, and not thinking that going under the knife is the way to solve all of their problems. I'm thinking that some of these ladies are going to go home from this with big boobs & full lips and a REALLY messed up head, because for some of their problems, I don't know if 3 months of counseling & some liposuction is going to 'cure' them of years of low self-esteem. IMHO.

I would agree that counseling is an excellent idea, but I think the counseling should come BEFORE the surgery, to make sure they're stable, and doing this for the right reason, and not thinking that going under the knife is the way to solve all of their problems. I'm thinking that some of these ladies are going to go home from this with big boobs & full lips and a REALLY messed up head, because for some of their problems, I don't know if 3 months of counseling & some liposuction is going to 'cure' them of years of low self-esteem. IMHO.

i completely agree...

this show is a lot more disburting than Extreme Makeover. EM deals with birth related effects or really extreme problems. i'm sure their patients go through some depression but the editors must not choose to show as much. the doctors on EM also seem to be more compassionate towards their patients too. this is definitely the better 'feel good' makeover show.

swan has shown all four women go through some sort of depression or a disturbance in their family life. imo, these women aren't even that bad to begin with. maybe they should have considered a dieting AND exercise plan before applying for the show. the doctors on swan don't seem to care for their patients as much. i also dislike the therapists and 'coaches' too. they don't seem to do a whole lot.

anyways, i'm a reality junkie so i'll continue to watch both shows. rachel has had the best makeover so far on swan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast