+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swan, 4/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I would hope so, its important for them to have that support... who knows how long it is between the shows and the pageant! I guess they could have done all the makeovers close at to the same time, so its not 3 months for one set, then another 3 months for the next and so on. So maybe they go into it right after they get chosen, pretty much.

Does that make sense? I took the part out of my signature that said "I only pretend to know what I'm talking about" or something like that.... it sure applies here.

I'm so happy Christina won, she needed the confidence boost! And she looks great.
    Living in a Blue World....
    I wanted Troy to win on the Apprentice... and not just because I live in Idaho!! John Peter Lewis on the other hand...

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Apparently, I'm in the minority. I just watched this show for the first time tonight. It is appalling. The last part, when all the Dr. Frankensteins arrayed around the grand t.v. hall, was the worst. Then that one doctor who was cheering as if this was a football game really made me ill.

The women looked better before they became plastic women. Christina needed something done on her stomach and Christy needed to lose a little weight, but neither needed eyebrow lift (why do people in their 20s need this anyway?), nose job, breast jobs, and all that other crap. This show is an insult to human beings, not just women.

Both women needed to therapy to work on their self-esteem issues. So now Christy has to think, hey, they remade me but I'm still too ugly for their silly pageant? Ugh, ugh, ugh. They removed the character from these women and made them into generic Hollywood wannabes. Winning a pageant does not improve one's self-esteem.

Plus Christy now looks like Allison Irwin from Big Brother last year. Ugh. She looked better before.
    Last edited by Abelard; 04-13-2004 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Kristy isn't even unnattractive. All she needs is makeup. Maybe her teeth could be better, but her face isn't exactly makeover material.
    Kristy didn't look that bad to begin with, imo. She definitely needed a makeover, but I'm not sure about plastic surgery. Her hair looked like crap at the end, and what was with the D cups?? She'll be regretting that in about 5 years when she has bad posture from trying to hold those things up in the air. Not to mention the lower back pain...

Christina looked great!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    How old was she?
    Cristina is 27 and Kristy is 22.

By the way, I think the wigs are ridiculous.
    :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Abelard
    Apparently, I'm in the minority. I just watched this show for the first time tonight. It is appalling. The last part, when all the Dr. Frankensteins arrayed around the grand t.v. hall, was the worst. Then that one doctor who was cheering as if this was a football game really made me ill.

The women looked better before they became plastic women. Christina needed something done on her stomach and Christy needed to lose a little weight, but neither needed eyebrow lift (why do people in their 20s need this anyway?), nose job, breast jobs, and all that other crap. This show is an insult to human beings, not just women.

Both women needed to therapy to work on their self-esteem issues. So now Christy has to think, hey, they remade me but I'm still too ugly for their silly pageant? Ugh, ugh, ugh. They removed the character from these women and made them into generic Hollywood wannabes. Winning a pageant does not improve one's self-esteem.

Plus Christy now looks like Allison Irwin from Big Brother last year. Ugh. She looked better before.

These ladies are starting out with really low self-esteem, and then these 'doctors' and 'therapists' are just confirming all their thoughts that they're not attractive by giving them lots of plastic surgery. If they really want to help these ladies (who I thought were all attractive to begin with and now look over-done) they should have just taken them to a nice spa where they can work on their self-esteem & confidence and learn to like what they see in the mirror. Then, if they STILL want the surgery, they would at least have a clearer understanding of what they're getting themselves into. Big boobs & liposuction isn't going to 'cure' years and years of low self-esteem. I'm feeling pretty sorry for these ladies.

I just don't know what to think! I did find the transformations to be poignant. I don't think Kristy was at all unhappy for "losing." She seemed genuinely pleased with the results. I also don't think that their transformations can be reduced to a boob job, etc. They did go into pretty intense therapy. I see no reason for them not to be happy in the long-term, and it's likely that the therapist gave them advice regarding continued treatment. Low self-esteem often has a source, and here's hoping they worked on those things in therapy. I don't feel sorry for these women. They got what they wanted and seemed ready to honestly acknowledge their issues. If they *just* got plastic surgery, then there'd be a question that they may be avoiding their issues.

Anyway, see my sig below. I'm just on the fence, completely, about this show. I can see both the positive and the negative sides. *shrug*

her boobs (christy's) looked a little um.....how do i say this nicely...fake as hell. im an A and i'm dman proud. it all comes down to proportion. the big D on her looked way too big for her build.

FORT Fan
    to be completely honest, even though i believe firmly that everyone involved with this show (other than dramatic voiceover man) needs to be shot in the head twice, i'm hooked.
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    to be completely honest, even though i believe firmly that everyone involved with this show (other than dramatic voiceover man) needs to be shot in the head twice, i'm hooked.

At least you're honest! Here I am ranting and raving about how awful the show is, and I'll probably still be sucked into watching it next week again!

I am not sure if I should keep watching it either. But I am strangely attracted to Amanda, ex-PH hostess. I think it is her accent. She narrates during the hour and seems to pull everything together. Her reaction to the women's first looks in the mirrors is somewhat touching. I am not sure if I should be or this show, so I am just gonna sit on the fence...
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast