+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My pic

My pic

I know some of you were curious after my last post stating I need plastic surgery, so to satisfy your curiosity I am going to post a picture of myself. I need a serious breast reduction and lots of tooth work. However, I will not post a picture of my teeth. I would like to spare myself the humiliation!

http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/...41/me_0013.jpg

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Did you apply for an Extreme Makeover?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

POD
    FORT Newbie

Insurance?

If you have medical insurance, I think that would or should cover your breast reduction. That would be better than going on the show and being exploited for ratings.

Honestly, since the producers are only interested in total facial and body makeover, I don't think you would be a good candidate for the show, mainly because you're too pretty.

Yes I have applied and no I don't have insurance of any kind! I have listed numerous other things they can do besides my teeth and breasts.. so maybe they will consider me!

i 've never seen this HUGE BREAST....
    you keep eating papaya??

OMG .. the back pain! the shoulder strain!! the expensive bras!

Good Luck girly!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think that some organization could cover the breast reduction due to the fact that it could cause back pain and shoulder strain.

If you have no health insurance of any kind, you may be able to qualify for either state or federal Medicaid or Medical Assistance based on income. In my non-medical opinion, a breast reduction is seriously medically necessary for you and would easily be covered if you can find some coverage. There may also be women's health organizations that can direct you to some grants or programs that can help you pay for this too - most states have a Women's Health Organization and you can even check with county mental health resources who usually keep lists of those kinds of programs.

I'd check with the county social services agency where you live to find out if you have options. I wouldn't wait for one of these shows to pick you, because like POD said, I think you're far too pretty for them to consider, even if you add in work on your teeth.

Thank you all for your suggestions and I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. To be honest, I've checked everywhere I can think to check for help with a breast reduction. I can't get on medicaid because I'm not pregnant and when I was pregnant I was trying to get my doctor to help set it up for after I had the baby - no go. The doctor didn't seem too interested in helping me. Same goes for a lot of other people. As for Extreme Makeover, I think they may be considering me as I got a phone call on the 20th of April - 2 weeks after they received my application. I was told they may call and they may not.. I'm not holding my breath! I really do hope I'm chosen, as I'm in worse shape than some of the girls and guys I've seen on the show. I suppose we will wait and see - if nothing else I will keep applying until I get on, as it seems to be my only option at the moment!

Being pregnant should have nothing whatsoever to do with qualifying for Medicaid, so I'm not sure why you've been rejected for that reason. There are two tiers of low income medical coverage, Medicaid and Medical Assistance. Some states even have their own low-cost healthcare program, which bases your premium on your income (Wisconsin has BadgerCare).

Just in passing I asked my own caseworker (I'm on Medicare because of a disability) about the availability of either program in general and he said that unless you're making over the income cap, there's no reason you can't qualify for one program or another or be able to find discounted HMO coverage through your local county social services office.

Good luck though - whatever happens, I hope you get what you need.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast