+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My pic

I'm NOT being facetious when I say... maybe someone like Oprah Winfrey might help.

Oprah recently did a show on the evils of elective plastic surgery. If presented with a tape from someone who needs surgery on a non-elective basis--for straight up medical reasons--perhaps she could build a show around the RIGHT uses of surgery.

It would have to be a heck of a tape you send her though--covering all the right talking points: 1.) that you need this for your health 2.) that you know you'd likely not get help from the exploitive Surgery shows, because they'd urge facial implants and other creepy dangerous stuff you don't want to get near 3.) That the classic outlets for assistance are ignoring you

The teeth might be a harder sell.

I think the only thing you need is a breast reduction. If you're that positive your teeth are bad, then you could do that as well.

Otherwise, I see nothing wrong. Really, I think you only need a good day at a spa. Get some makeup, style your hair, ta-da. You definately don't appear to need any plastic surgery what-so-ever.

I don't think you need anything extreme either, Mom2Jazzy, and I'd be concerned that if you went on a show they would go to far when really all you need is a couple of adjustments.

I can empathize about the breast reduction thing, though. I'm nowhere near as large as you, but am big enough that I sought out a reduction after years of pain & strain, and crying because I could never find my bra size. My doctor recommended it because she said it was actually causing me difficulty with breathing (do you have anything like this? because of the weight on your lungs?) but my insurance didn't approve it, saying it was an elective cosmetic procedure.

Hang in there, and please PM me if you want to talk more about any of this stuff. I don't want to think applying to a reality show would be your last resort--unless it's something you're convinced you really want to do. If that's the case, please tell me it's Extreme Makeover and not The Swan.

Be good to yourself, we're here for support if you need it.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I think your cute. There nothing I see that suggests you need an extreme make over. I understand you want breast reduction and you would like some dentistry done ,but I agree with the others here,I think you look fine.

I think Insurence companies are very biased. For instance a female friend of mine was unable get her insurance company cover treatment for varicos veins,but if she were a man then the insurance company would cover treatment ....elective cosmetic surgery. How is it not elective for men then.

Did you ever hear from EM again?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2jazzy
    Thank you all for your suggestions and I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. To be honest, I've checked everywhere I can think to check for help with a breast reduction. I can't get on medicaid because I'm not pregnant and when I was pregnant I was trying to get my doctor to help set it up for after I had the baby - no go. The doctor didn't seem too interested in helping me. Same goes for a lot of other people. As for Extreme Makeover, I think they may be considering me as I got a phone call on the 20th of April - 2 weeks after they received my application. I was told they may call and they may not.. I'm not holding my breath! I really do hope I'm chosen, as I'm in worse shape than some of the girls and guys I've seen on the show. I suppose we will wait and see - if nothing else I will keep applying until I get on, as it seems to be my only option at the moment!
    Hi, I like you believe I would be the perfect candidate. I have a birth defect, they can fix, along w/my teeth, breast augmentation, tummy tuck. Having 2 kids really does a number on the body ( : I have sent my tape in for the 2nd time. I feel like if not chosen this time, I will try & try again..Good Luck & let me know the outcome...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12