+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TLC's SpyMaster

Good Night All. The Link I Posted Is A Direct Link To The Article Re:leigh Anne Tarbill's Unfortunate Accident.
    Once Again, My Condolences To All Who Are Grieving.

Loved Spymaster! More More!

I thought Grisella was excellent through out the whole competition. She seemed to be the most responsive to morphing into the situations they found themselves as the situations themselves changed. She was always thinking and very street smart.

I too was SHOCKED when I saw that about Leighanne. I thought her comments at the very end to Grisella were very classy and sincere regarding Grisella and her own experiences. I was just thinking.. wow, that'a a great girl and then they flash the dedication. She seemed so intelligent, bright and nice. She had great gumption.
    Horribly tragic. Like many, I found the board with posts about her passing. The gentleman who owned the house was a Democrat and when it first happend, the board, which belongs to a conservative republican group out of Illinois, were talking about it. Apparently her mother did a search of her daughter's name and came across the board. She complained to the board administrator due to the nature and insensitivity of some of the posts around the time of her death. Her mom just posted a few days ago. She also states Leighanne's birthday is coming up May 4th. All the posts I saw from tonight were from viewers who were looking for info on her death and that was the only place to post. Maybe her family will come across our site here.
    Last edited by LunaNegra; 04-28-2004 at 12:35 AM.

FORT Newbie

Congratulations to Grisella

She did a wonderful job. She seemed so serious and determined, but when she smiles it's like she's a different person -- she lights up the room. I thought the tension of the final few minutes was great, and I was impressed by all the camera angles.

I did some digging and found out that Spymaster shot almost a year ago, starting in Baltimore around the first of May 2003, then moving to "the farm" (which is actually Upper Brandon Plantation in Virginia), and finally going to Mexico at the end of May. I was unable to find out why the show took so long to air. Apparently it was originally scheduled for "fall 2003" but got pushed. It seemed to me that TLC did very little promotion of it.

Apparently the director, Dennis Lofgren, also produced "Survivor." I found that info on imdb. I believe that with a proper promotional campaign, the show could have gotten some good ratings. TLC should do a new one, and make it a bit bigger -- and give the winner something!

What a tragedy about Leigh Anne. She seemed very talented, smart, and beautiful.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by litbit
    svtcobra, I sent the link in a private message... Let me know if you rec'd it. I'm not really sure if it went out properly (what with being a newbie, and all!)
    Litbit,

yes thank you for sending that pm..

It's sad that good people die young. I'm 25 now and I believe she was 23 or 24 when this happened.. My heart goes out to her Parents, brothers, and sisters.

Svtcobra

FORT Newbie

Litbit and Capture near Helicopter

You mentioned that Leighanne "fell" behind and got captured suggesting had she been quicker...she instead of Gisella may have won. I completely disagree. The winner would not be decided by a footrace. The winner was decided by the overall performance either during the final test or the entire competition and was captured by design. Notice they pulled her away to make sure she was out...they didnt even care about the Russian physicist till after they got her. No, Gisella was already the winner.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackbnimble
    You mentioned that Leighanne "fell" behind and got captured suggesting had she been quicker...she instead of Gisella may have won. I completely disagree. The winner would not be decided by a footrace. The winner was decided by the overall performance either during the final test or the entire competition and was captured by design. Notice they pulled her away to make sure she was out...they didnt even care about the Russian physicist till after they got her. No, Gisella was already the winner.
    I agree it would be quite unfair to decide the outcome on a footrace. That's how it seemed to me, though. I guess we would have known for sure if the situation had been reversed, with Grisella behind and Leighanne ahead, and the agents ran past Grisella to get to Leighanne. To me, it seemed they just grabbed the contestant that was easiest to get: Leighanne, who was helping the hostage and therefore running a bit slower...
    Last edited by litbit; 04-29-2004 at 10:29 PM.

FORT Newbie

Great show! Hot guy!

I really enjoyed this show! I agree that it could have been better promoted - but I liked the commercial for it with the woman in bed saying, "goodnight honey....honey?" and the husband dropping down from the ceiling on a harness!!! big chuckles!

A few posts ago, people were talking about the hot guys...
    Well, in my opinion, Eric Haney is the hottest guy on the show!!!!

k.

Welcome smithhouse!

I liked this series too, it should have been longer though. Grisella was a deserving winner.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm so disappointed that it's already over. Hoping that they have another one ready to go very soon. I'm ready for Spymaster 2 ... !!

I have no shows now that I just can't live without ... waiting for BB to start again, when does that usually happen?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

July 6.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread