+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TLC's SpyMaster

FORT Newbie
    So this show is great. Seeing all these people who are ordinary everyday kinda people makes me feel great. I think I am going to cheer on Matt, I hope he makes it far. So who does everyone else like?

FORT Newbie
    DeltaRebel,

Your points are well taken and duly noted. I will concede points 2 and 3 (on the jewelry issues), but I stand by points 1 and 4, relating to eyeglasses and prescription drugs.

Glasses and contacts MUST be allowed, as good vision is essential to the effective practice of espionage (Contacts would obviously be prefered, though glasses might serve well as part of a disguise) not to mention the effective and safe use of a firearm.

Lawful prescription drugs must be permitted for obvious safety/liability reasons. The contestant must also be permitted to consume food prior to taking the drug if this has been duly ordered by the prescribing doctor

FORT Newbie
    Commenting on the Jewelry: I seem to remember at least one contestant (Matt?) having glasses on after the confiscation by those ninjas. I agree that it would be silly to take those away.

FORT Newbie
    Commention on "Cinderella". She's my favorite too Although I was extremely bummed when the flight attendant got the boot.

I have to admit that I am hooked. The show has twists and turns all the time. The previews are tantalizing; it looks like they will jump out of airplanes (and possibly black helicopters!), do some kind of surviellance, and the big fellow appears to get into a wrestling match with those ninjas... can't wait for episode three.

FORT Newbie

Favorites

"Cinderella" is pretty but is a little TOO into guns! Oh my God, second week in a row that she says how much she loves guns and shooting! Stay low around Stephanie!

Matt seems to be too into living out some dream of his. I never trust people who are talk about their dreams--except Martin Luther King, of course. I am sure it is in the editing, but the ones who seem most competent are Lee Anne, the little blonde girl, and Ravi (the guy who got shot through his jacket--he seems pretty smart, anylitical, fit and capable--and the guy with the quiet voice who was Lee Anne's partner in Hogan's Alley. They keep saying how overall fit and strong he is in all the categories. Plus, he looks like a normal, average guy, which is what you'd want a "spy" to be. Blend in, fade away.

FORT Newbie
    So tomorrow is the 3rd episode. Not sure who is going to go. I think they said 2 more will leave this week. I think Ravi will make it past this week, also think that Richard will. I hope Matt does. For the girls I hope Stephanie, LeighAnne and Allison do. I think that cut wise Jennifer should be gone. I kind of think she should have gone last week. She hates guns and is on a spy show... think guns are kind of important in the spyworld. Also she tends to have an attitude problem. So unless this week she really changes her attitude I am gonna say she needs to go. As for the boys, I don't think I know who is going to go... all the guys seem really good.

FORT Newbie
    >>and the guy with the quiet voice who was Lee Anne's partner in Hogan's Alley. They keep saying how overall fit and strong he is in all the categories.<<

I think that was Richard? He seems to be in very good shape for his age. Just like Darryl (who's a fireman, so it's no surprise).

I seem to remember the women's names more (go figure). Here's my guesses as to who goes and who stays:

I always get the two thin blondes mixed up. One said she kinda wanted to leave during the shooting stuff, so you have to figure she's gone.
    Stephanie -- sure looks good on tv! I think she'll make the cut.
    Grisella -- Very smart, very brassy, takes cr*p from NO ONE.
    Leigh Anee -- Very tough, sure to make the final 8.

Of the guys:
    Darryl is in great shape and seemed to know his way around martial arts
    Richard, like you said, blends in.
    I agree about Ravvi.
    The really big guy is very funny and has a great tv personality. I forget his name,
    the guy with the glasses... seems a little too pudgy to be a spy to me. He's my prediction for the next cut.

I wish TLC had a fan site. I want to get an autographed picture from the flight attendant!

FORT Newbie
    I don't know. I didn't think so much about who would make it past the next ouster, more just who I liked. I liked the stewardess or whatever they call them now.

Let's see...I would guess the law student will go next. She looks miserable. The one with the straight Breck commercial hair. Stephanie ("Cinderella") will go the distance. She seems like a made-for-TV girl (I am not sure if that is a compliment--I guess it is). Lee Anne seems too small to me, but they say she is a good athlete and she seemed to get through the shootout without losing her cool even after her gun jammed. Grisella is the girl with the caboose. I don't think she can go too far, at least not in the real world. If she makes it to the final 8 it will be for TV's sake. She should get cut there. Who's the girl with the braid? I don't know about her.

Of the guys:
    I agree about Darryl. Ravvi is a sure bet. Richard blends in, yes, but is that good on reality TV? I am not so sure. Matt is definitely out. Warren is the bg guy. I can't get a read on him. He seems to talk like old John Belushi clips. Maybe that will endear him to the judges.

I didn't see the opening part of the first show. Who is the little woman with the big, um, you know...the trainer chick. What is her claim to fame? Is she someone I should know? I swear it sounds like her name is Vallium.

So, the show is on Thursdays and Sundays?

DeltaRebel - I think the show originally airs at 10:00 Tuesdays, and is then repeated at 8:00 Thursdays, and 3 PM Sundays. (If this is incorrect I hope someone corrects me.) Also, I think there are only 2 more episodes left.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    Good call By "MrUnReality" on the whole glasses thing. They probably are prescription. I am working on a set of standards that would govern these types of competitions. The standard That pretains to glasses is re-printed here:

4. CONTESTANTíS PERSONAL EFFECTS
    4.1. The competition organizers may take from a contestant, as part of the competition, their personal effects.
    4.1.1. It is the responsibility of the organizers to ensure the safekeeping of all effects taken form contestants under standard 4.1.
    4.2 Notwithstanding standard 4.1, the following personal effects are hereby forbidden from being taken from a contestant at any time
    4.2.1. Eyeglasses or Contact lenses (If prescribed by a doctor)
    4.2.2. Lawful prescription drugs

If anyone would like to see the entirety of the standards, let me know. IMO they are not unduly restrictive, they just forbid some of the most dangerous situations, where a reasonable person would consider the risk unjustified.

+ Reply to Thread