+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extreme Makeovers-Did you see them?

Extreme Makeovers-Did you see them?

Last night there was a show on called Extreme Makeovers. Did anyone see this. I thought it was a great idea. They took three people(two women and a man) and gave them their dream makeover including plastic surgery and laser eye surgery. They got the head to toe treatment. The show was very graphic through the surgeries. Certainly a good thing to see if you are considering plastic surgery of any sort. You really get a sense of what you would be going through. The results were great and the people seemed very satisfied. All three had nose jobs and then each had varied other prodeedures. I hope to see more of these. What do you think?

I did watch the show & I can totally understand why the one guy (Luke) got the tummy tuck (he'd lost like 130 pounds & had loads of loose skin) & the nose job (it had been broken four times!) What I didn't understand was why didn't he get his boobs lipo'd. But whatever...after they got rid of all the excess skin around his abdomen, his waist was 18 inches smaller than before! Wow.

The one girl with the hideous nose (Stephanie), I don't blame her for changing that. It was funky looking. As far as the boobs & lipo, it wasn't as drastic as the nose job, but she looked nice afterwards & her boobs were proportionate to the rest of her body. I could not even imagine getting implants, lipo, & a nose job all at one time. Her body had to be one throbbing pain when the anesthetic wore off.

And the last girl (Stacey), you know that had to be rough having a gorgeous sister. She wasn't really homely, but she wasn't pretty either. She was just kinda plain. Makeup might have helped though. She really didn't have a chin, which looked yucky in profile (I can't stand when people don't have chins, I love a defined jawline). I didn't think her nose was bad though & I didn't think her face was fat either, but whatever makes ya happy! And she really looked fabulous afterward. I think she looked the best out of all of them.

Sometimes people can get so discouraged that they give up, whether it's about how they look or just life in general. So maybe this was the boost they needed. I hope they do an update like a year later to see how they are all doing.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

holly71, I cannot believe that you and I are the onlyones who watched this show or had anything to say about it.

If you could have anything altered/fixed, what would it be.

I would have my teeth whitened. Everything else is just too permanently altering for me. A good smile would be great.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

My wife would like some work done one of these days, but I personally would never undergo surgery to have something enhanced or fixed unless it was medically necessary.

Originally posted by Feifer
    holly71, I cannot believe that you and I are the onlyones who watched this show or had anything to say about it.

If you could have anything altered/fixed, what would it be.

I would have my teeth whitened. Everything else is just too permanently altering for me. A good smile would be great.
    I already fixed what I didn't like! I've had 2 things done, one of which I wanted to do since I was 14. All I can say is that I'm glad I did it, I have no regrets about it. I can relate to the feeling of turning something you hated about yourself into something you love. It really can make a huge difference in your confidence.

I have also had my teeth whitened, but not by laser (too pricey). I tried every over the counter product & none of them worked for me. If you do it, go to your dentist to have it done & don't even waste your money on the stuff at the drugstore.

Good news, they're doing casting for future episodes...

Are you looking to have an Extreme Makeover? Well, here's your chance! Here's how to apply:

1.) Complete the Application Form. Deadline for applications is January 24th!
    Click here for the Application Form

2.) Include two recent photos (one full body and one close-up), at least 2"x2", with your name written on the back.

3.) Make a two minute videotape telling us why you want to be a candidate for Extreme Makeover.

4.) Mail the Application Form, photos, and videotape to the following address:
    Extreme Makeover
    PO Box 1159
    Burbank, CA 91507-1159

If you have any problem downloading the application, you may call (818) 842-2796 to have an application sent to you.

NOTE: Producer shall not be responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible applications; or for any telephone, cable, or similar failures, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or unauthorized human intervention.

Too late for me!

i'm late to the party, but i did watch! (actually watched with feif)

tonight they are going to air a follow up to the first show, talking to the three people who underwent the surgeries and how their lives have changed as a result.

+ Reply to Thread