+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Mar 28 - "Sweet Alice"

FORT Fan

Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Mar 28 - "Sweet Alice"

Hi,

Just finished watching tonight's episode: Sweet Alice.

She has given so much to the community. It's great to see Extreme Makeover Home Edition to help Sweet Alice and the community of Watts.

I would say that it is one of the best I have ever seen.

I would, however, wish EMHE to do something about the flood issue so that all the beautiful stuff would not be ruined by future floods. Not sure what they can do, but it would be nice for them to somehow address it.

First time I have ever watched the show since the premiere, because nothing else was on.

I was very impressed, and loved the show. How could you not get emotional over what was done for Alice's family. I wish we could have seen what was the final product of the 'community center' area she helps out at.

I loved when her daughter said 'can I have this for christmas' when it was already hers. It was nice seeing them branch out and give back to the whole community. The show must have a pretty big budget.

I really liked all the rooms in the house expecially the dorm room, kitchen, and the master bedroom.

I liked the little girl's bed. . . the was neat.

FORT Fan
    Hi,

I missed the part about why her daughers were living/ staying across the street. Was this a temporary move because of the flood or was this a permanent sort of deal?

Plus, who was the guy greeting the family in the dorm? Her son?

I was watching the show in a noisy environment, so I missed several key dialogues.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    First time I have ever watched the show since the premiere, because nothing else was on.

I was very impressed, and loved the show. How could you not get emotional over what was done for Alice's family. I wish we could have seen what was the final product of the 'community center' area she helps out at.

I loved when her daughter said 'can I have this for christmas' when it was already hers. It was nice seeing them branch out and give back to the whole community. The show must have a pretty big budget.

I really liked all the rooms in the house expecially the dorm room, kitchen, and the master bedroom.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    I liked the little girl's bed. . . the was neat.
    I want a bed like that too lol. Heck, give me the whole room.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    The show must have a pretty big budget.
    Not so much. What they've done to pay for a lot of this is to go BACK to a really old television concept--DIRECT sponsoring of a show by a company. You could almost call this "Sears Presents... Extreme Makeover Home Edition". And that's fine, because the trade off is worth it--I believe that Sears in pumping a heck of a lot more than a few appliances into every job.

As for the Sweet Alice episode... it was a huge opportunity for ABC to gain great press (it was apparently reported on quite a bit locally in LA, at the very least). And despite the potential cheese factor to this, they pulled it off fairly well. Of course one of the real issues, as always, is how much it takes to keep that house up--and where the money for THAT comes from. Also, whether or not something built in less than 7 days had the necessary quality control. Will it hold together and who will fix it if it doesn't.

But overall... it's still a good thing that was done, and a very entertaining show.

I thought it was an excellent episode. I liked the way last weeks house turned out better, but they did so much for Sweet Alice on last nights episode. I cannot believe they put that huge BarbAque in her front yard. What an eyesore.

That was FANTASTIC,to do so much for a woman that always gave back was extremely emotional.That was definetly someone who was very greatful for what was done for her and her community.The little girl must have thought she was somewhere else and everybody was genuinly happy.I'm a fan going forward.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I was so impressed with this episode. It was by far my favorite of the season. Sweet Alice crying in her dining room, saying how she thought there was no way she could get the house/kitchen of her dreams if she stayed in watts, but there was no way she could leave watts. Now she has "A kitchen from a magazine". I was bawling like a baby.
    The grill was great! It is a bit of an eyesore, especially having it right out front, but i liked the fact that by moving the grill out front, Alice could have her own space in the back yard. She stated she feeds hundreds of homeless people, now they can be in the front, and she can have her garden and her peace in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by paulstan
    I missed the part about why her daughers were living/ staying across the street. Was this a temporary move because of the flood or was this a permanent sort of deal?

Plus, who was the guy greeting the family in the dorm? Her son?
    The guy in the dorm room was her grandson, whom they flew in from college. "The pride of the family" i think Alice called him.
    The family member living across the street was not explained completely. I think it was a combination of a grown daughter who lives across the street, and another daughter was staying there because her room was destroyed in the flood.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

I think they said at the very beginning that the daughter had to sleep across the street specifically because her asthma was being affected by the damage from the flood.

I loved this episode and it had me in tears, too, at the part where Sweet Alice (love the name!) was crying in the kitchen about how she had a kitchen from a magazine.

This was the best one so far, I love how they pick such deserving people. It was awesome how they also helped the entire community.

Great show!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast