+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Mar 28 - "Sweet Alice"

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    This was a great episode. They did so much, I wish they had made it a 2-hour show so we could have seen more of the results. I don't recall seeing the finished version of Alice's great-great-grandmother's secretary desk. Did I blink and miss it? Or was Paul too sick to finish it?
    It was definitely there. They showed it at the very beginning of the walk-through, Alice hugged it when she saw it renovated. They didn't show a close up of it, and since the stain on it was still very dark, the renovation was not obvious at all from the distance show. Alice seemed very happy with it though.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

OK, I blinked and missed it.
    Thanks MHayes!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I like this show alot...but I loved this episode...clearly they were touched by the plight of the neighborhood and sweet Alice's influence...the hint as to how they could do so much for the neighborhood comes from two words...sears pitched in big time...and the cast as Ty said cashed in alot of favors...and I for one felt really good about all they did not just for the family but for the neighborhood...the cooker should have gone to the community center how ever....

I sooo want the bed that the little girl got. can i get it at sears or was that bought somewhere else, i saw one on the internet but it cost like 2k

museumguy what good would the cooker do at the community center when Alice is feeding everyone from her own kitchen?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I've never seen this show before, and boy was I bawling by the end of this episode.

Sweet Alice was so deserving of this home makeover for all the amazing things she's done for her community, and her gratitude was overwhelming. I was especially touched when she said that "They weren't afraid to come to Watts." I think it's about time they gave a home renovation like this to someone truly in need.

Great episode!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123