+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secrets of Extreme Makeover

FORT Newbie

Secrets of Extreme Makeover

I watched parts of this episode last night (3/24/04). I say "parts" because I have been sick for a few days and just couldn't keep my eyes open for the entire show, so I fell asleep several times. Unfortunately, I didn't tape it - and I missed the part I wanted to see most, the part where they were going to talk about tips for making your application video.

Did anyone see this part of the show, and could you pass along the tips to me? Or do you know if maybe they'll air this episode again sometime? Thanks in advance!

They basically want really out going people. They said they like people who make them laugh. Also, it would be easier for a man to get on. They stressed that they are not looking for candidates who are looking to just "touch up" things. There's a reason why it's called Extreme Makeover. Make sure you show them what you want done, examples, flabby bellies, really, REALLY bad teeth, places where you'll want lipo, etc. If you have a story, they want to hear about it. Such as being teased in school for being ugly, not feeling attractive enough to make love with the lights on, drastic weight loss stories. Umm, that's basically all I can remember so, I hope that helps.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks a lot, biggbaddgirl, I appreciate your help!

No problem. I would love to go on that show but my case would not be an extreme case because I don't want anything done as far as nose jobs or face lifts go, my wants are pretty minute and there's only like 3 things I want done.

FORT Newbie
    Consider yourself lucky, biggbaddgirl! Could you apply for a mini-makeover? I'm applying because there is a LOT I want done. I really think they could do an amazing job on me, and that there would be a huge difference in my before & after looks. Hope they think so too. Wish me luck, I need it!

Good luck to you Houdini.

POD
    FORT Newbie
    Houdini,

They are presently casting for next season and they do look at every video tape that comes in. You need to make a video that shows all the body parts and facial characteristics that you are unhappy with, and you're going to need to get down to your underwear.

More importantly, tell an interesting and compelling story about yourself, and be articulate. You'll notice when you watch the show that for the most part each character has a personality and is interesting. Think about your favorite episodes, it's not the surgeries you remember, it's the characters and how their lives were transformed.

You have to 'give good TV' if you hope to get picked. It's not enough to list the things you want done, you'll need to expose a bit of your inner self and personal life. Be compelling. Don't be boring!

Also, here's a secret they didn't put on the show, your motivations for getting a makeover need to be positive. If you're doing this to get back at an ex-wife or something vengeful, then forget it!

I hope this helps. No more boring characters on the show please, I'm either going to shoot myself or the casting director.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl
    Good luck to you Houdini.
    Thanks, I need it!

FORT Newbie
    POD, thanks so much for your additional input. I need all the help I can get, LOL! I will make sure I take all this into consideration when making my video. I do think I have a fun, exciting personality - I just hope that it comes through in the video and they can see it! And my motivation for this is definitely not vengeful or anything like that. I want this for ME!

Thanks again for your help!

Thank you POD for that extra info.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast