+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Dates - Butch Patrick - 12/15 (Premiere!)

Star Dates - Butch Patrick - 12/15 (Premiere!)

The premiere of Star Dates on E! kicks off at 10:30pm Eastern on E! on Sunday, 12/15. Butch Patrick will go on two blind dates.

Recaps will be posted here, and if E! ever gets some official info on their web site, we'll create a forum for it.

Meet Butch Patrick:

[IMG]images/user/butch_patrick_stardates.jpg[/IMG]

His Vitals
    Better Known As: Edward Wolfgang (Eddie) Munster of The Munsters (1964-66)
    Astrological Sign: Leo
    Hair: "Yes, I have hair--brown"
    Eyes: Blue
    Height: 5'7"
    Fangs: None. Certainly not after "eight years of retainers..."
    Sitcom Archetype: All-American monster kid
    Smokes? No
    Drinks? Moderately
    Siegfried or Roy? Neither
    Lily Munster or Marilyn Munster? Marilyn
    Signature Stuffed Animal: Wolfie

His Personality
    Meet the Real Me: "I'm pretty much outdoorsy. I like water sports. I'm not a Hollywood type--I'm a regular guy. I like cars, motorcycle sports. Pretty much honest. I like kids, animals. God-fearing. I think I lead a pretty good life."

What the Real Me Is Looking for in the Real You: "Someone who can be a companion and fill in the puzzle pieces, I suppose--to have the things I don't have, and to like the things I do have."

In My Bedroom You'll Find: Happiness

Song/Album That Puts Me in the Mood: "Anything Beatles"

Best Movie to Watch in Front of a Roaring Fire: Jeremiah Johnson ("It's a Robert Redford movie. It's all mountains and it's all cold, and he plays a mountain man.")

Turn-Ons: Sense of humor, intelligence, and "people [who] are just real people and enjoy other people"

Turn-Offs: Egotists, name-droppers, potty mouths who indulge in "profanity [and] over-the-top type of humor"

Celebrity I'd Like to Date: "I met Carrie Fisher the other day; I kind of liked her."

Celebrity I Have Dated: "Lisa Loring [of Munsters rival The Addams Family] and I went out a little bit...We did it a couple of years ago, kind of just for fun. We actually got married on Halloween in a mock wedding."

If I Could Be a Hollywood Square, I'd Be: Center square

If My Life Were a Very Special Episode, It Would End with a Big Laugh; a Big Hug; a Stony Silence; or a Bewildering Stare: "Probably a big laugh"

When I Go to Vegas, My First Stop Is: In-N-Out Burger

The Best Thing About Being Forever 11 in Reruns Is: "I guess you can always look back on what it was like to be 11 years old in a really good home movie."

The Worst Thing About Being Forever 11 in Reruns Is: "Knowing that you're not going to be 11 anymore."

True or False: It Really Ticks Me Off When People Congratulate Me for The Addams Family: False. "It doesn't tick me off. People just get mixed up. Their hearts are in the right place...I just say I'm not the little fat kid [Pugsley]."

When It Comes to Residuals: "I don't have any."

Sorry about those other things on the pictures...They obviously don't work uness you go to the official web site.

Love Tips from the "Star Dates" host and chaperone, Jordan Black

Butch Patrick: Just Be Yourself

As the driver of our kickin' Cadillac, E! romance expert Jordan Black tagged along with Butch "Eddie Munster" Patrick on two star dates. The first one, says the master, went smoothly, while the other found Patrick gasping for air. What happened?

Black has some advice: "Maybe he shouldn't, you know, talk 'bout himself so much? Maybe not brag about himself, not make himself out to be more than what he is...obviously."

Sounds like good advice for a grown-up sitcom kid--and the rest of us. Thanks, Jordan!

Who is Jordan Black?

As the host of E!'s Star Dates, Jordan Black drives the stars on blind dates and offers whatever help he can. But how'd he wind up in the driver's seat?

Wise in the ways of love but married to comedy, he's a member of the legendary Groundlings improv troupe in Los Angeles and has also written for or appeared on The Andy Dick Show, Suddenly Susan and the upcoming WB sitcom On the Spot.

Oh--and, ladies, Black's single. Who's his dream date? "I'm looking for a Halle Berry type," he says, "with a Janet Jackson booty and Oprah's brain." Well, that shouldn't be hard to find, right? Right?!

Get the Most Out of Your Celebrity Romance

by Stephen Lynch

Once upon a time, they had it all--fame, fortune and the hottest catchphrases on prime time. But we still carry on steamy love affairs with stars from the past. On late-night cable reruns. On where are they now? specials. And now, on the new E! series Star Dates, premiering December 15 at 10:30 p.m. The show sets up blind dates between ordinary people and actual celebrities.

But a word to the wise: Stars who've been laying low might be fun to take on the town, so long as you avoid certain sore spots. You may feel instantly comfortable with them, but remember--they're people, not just the wacky neighbor on some sitcom.

So, next time you're trying to bag a Brady, clip 'n' save our handy list of do's and don'ts for dating a once big actor:

Don't: Use Their Catchphrases: It's definitely not a good idea to be yelling, "That's Punky Power!" while having a quiet dinner with Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster). One exception, though: If you're dating Jimmy Walker, a well-timed "Dy-no-mite!" in the bedroom may really work in your favor.

Do: Learn to Tune a Guitar, Check Amps and Rig Stage Pyrotechnics: Whether you're rolling up on Tina Yothers (Family Ties) or Dustin Diamond (Saved by the Bell), it's safe to assume that a postprime prime-time player might also be a wannabe rock star. So, earn big points lugging Yothers' microphone for her band, Jaded, or tell Dustin how much you appreciate the subtext of the lyrics from his group, Salty the Pocketknife.

Do: Massage the Ego: Taking a cue from those oh so tender men who tell pretty women they're smart and smart women they're pretty (It works! I swear!), inform a sidekick that he was really the star: "You know what, Mr. Phillip Michael Thomas? You were the glue on Miami Vice. Don Johnson owes you everything." And make sure they know it wasn't their fault that a hit series tanked, noting: "At least you didn't pull a David Caruso." Unless, of course, you're out with David Caruso.

They really aren't giving this much of a build up, or a competitive time slot at E!

Makes one wonder if they know it is a bomb. Fear not though, for your intrepid recapper has his TiVo set to go.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I really hope it's a breakout hit. The Osbournes wasn't expected to do well, either...But then again, E!'s got a great history rolling with the Anna Nicole show, right?

JR.
    ....or tell Dustin how much you appreciate the subtext of the lyrics from his group, Salty the Pocketknife.

Oh man, that's funny. Someone should tell him that he will be forever known as Screech, no matter what he does.

And Butch Patrick should dress as Eddie Munster for the dates.

Here is another article on the pending premier of this show. Rest assured dear viewers, there will be hot tubs!

Well... the *!* may be a bit over doing it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...5p-40481c.html

===========
    Looking for love,
    and a career boost

By CHRISTY LEMIRE
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Love may have been exciting and new when "The Love Boat" ruled Saturday nights in the 1970s and '80s.
    Now, the actress who played Capt. Stubing's daughter is among the stars on the latest blind-date show trying to prove it's just as exciting - if not new - to watch strangers struggle to make small talk over Cobb salad.

Jill Whelan - Vicki from "The Love Boat" - is one of the celebrities on "Star Dates," which matches stars and singles with mixed results. The series launches Sunday at 10:30 p.m. on E! Entertainment.

You're thinking, "Another dating show?" And you're right. Viewers already have "Blind Date," "Shipmates," "Dismissed," "Elimidate," "EX-treme Dating," "Taildaters," "The 5th Wheel" and the biggest of all, "The Bachelor," to choose from.

You're also thinking, "Another celebrity reality show?" And you're right again. Between "The Osbournes," "Cribs" and "Diary" on MTV, and E!'s own "Anna Nicole Show," there's no shortage of stars willing to share their lives on camera.

"Star Dates" combines the fly-on-the-wall element of those programs with the where-are-they-now nostalgia factor. Besides Whelan, Gary Coleman from "Diff'rent Strokes," Dustin Diamond from "Saved by the Bell" and Kim Fields from "The Facts of Life" go looking for love.

The first episode features Butch Patrick, who played Eddie Munster on "The Munsters" from 1964 to '66. Now 49, Patrick splits his time between making appearances at nostalgia conventions and working as a consultant on haunted houses at Halloween. Having just ended a six-year relationship, he's "looking for someone to fill the emptiness that I have at the moment."

He has a great time with Bachelorette No. 1, Lisa Marie Bolick.

They go to a psychic bookstore, where a tarot-card reader tells them, "I get a real spiritual connection between the two of you." That might explain why they end up playing footsie in a hot tub later that night.

Patrick's reaction: "This would be a nice person I'd like to have a relationship with - a physical relationship with."

E!'s Vice President of Development Kary McHoul said everyone's had a disastrous blind date, and that's why so many of these shows exist.

"I think it's relatable, and that's what people like, whether they're watching a mean-spirited dating show and they can laugh, or one like this, where there's a twist," McHoul said.

The cable channel's talent bookers tracked down actors to participate, and casting scouts searched for the regular people, who had to pass background checks.

"That was the hardest thing," McHoul said. "You don't want them to be stalkers of the celebrities."
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast