+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome To Survi…um, House Of Dreams Episode 12 recap

Welcome To Survi…um, House Of Dreams Episode 12 recap

It’s day 42 at camp, and we get to hear the thoughts of the final 4.

Viv thinks it’s strange. I think she’s strange.

Naomi thinks it’s amazing. I think that’s a boring adjective.

Flor has a gut feeling she’ll win. I think Lex once had a “gut feeling” too.

Mike says they are only a few days away. I rename him “Captain Obvious”.

We are treated to the usual array of clips featuring the crew talking about who they like, don’t like, could beat, wouldn’t want to try to beat, on and on. A quick catch up: Flor thinks she can beat Mike. Mike says he’ll make a deal with the devil if he has to.

At the site we hear that the house is 90% complete. They need to clean up to prepare for carpet installation and lay a small concrete slab outside. Naomi volunteers to do the slab, while the others, including Flor believe it or not, work their butts off to clean up the inside.

We get right to the key ceremony, and the final 4 are surprised to learn that this will be the final one. Two will get red hats, but whichever of them survives eviction will choose whom to take with them to the finals. I wonder where they got that idea?

Mike’s first and after never choosing a bad key gets his third in a row. He is red hat number one. Viv is next and she is safe. Flor’s turn, and I can’t decide whether I want her to have a hat or not. She winds up being locked out and will join Mike. Again, George has the final person try anyway… yeah, surprise, surprise, Naomi makes it through the door.

Viv and Naomi head back to camp and Viv tells us that they have a decision to make. I think she’s competing for the title of Captain Obvious. As of now, she can’t have it.

Flor says she does not want Naomi to win the house. Cut to Naomi saying she doesn’t want Flor to win the house. Seems Naomi doesn’t like Flor. I can’t think of a single reason why that would be.

Yes, you can call me Captain Sardonic.

Mike, figuring that there is no way he could beat Naomi in the finals, goes to Viv to make a deal. He promises he will take her with him, should he stay. Says he figures he has Naomi’s vote, and with Viv’s he’ll make it to the finals. Viv can’t think of a single argument against this great plan.

Mike then says to Naomi, that it’s the two of them, all the way to the end. Then, not knowing when to shut his mouth, he adds: “I think Viv will vote for Flor to stay because if she doesn’t, then you will be in my Jury Box”

Now, Naomi may be a blonde, but she isn’t stupid, and catches the slip right away. She tells us that she better not be in Mike’s Jury Box, because she better be right next to him.

Flor then tells us that she’s become attached to the house. I grin as I picture Mike accidentally nail gunning her to the wall. She then says she wants the house so she can write. I’ll tell ya, I feel for her. If I didn’t have a house, there’s no way I could write.

Oh wait. Sure there is. I just need a pencil.

Mike admits that, sure he’d party, but he’s also looking to the future. Of having a family and stability.

Viv says she couldn’t imagine leaving New York, but that she’d happily live here for six months to a year.

Naomi wants to take care of Mom.

Later Mike approaches Naomi and tells her that if he’s going to be going, he wants to know before hand. She says that works both ways. He then promises her it will be the two of them in the end.

He tells us he feels kind of bad for strait out lying to her.

She tells us that she believes Mike wouldn’t ever lie to her.

Awwwwww.

Flor has been busy making little signs to hang all over camp that read “Vote me to stay”. She has even taped one on her self “Kick Me” style.

There is no time to rest as they are called back to the site and learn that they must lay the sod. Joe says it’s hard work, so they’ve brought in some help.

The crew is ecstatic when they see their friends/family members walk through the door. I wonder where they got that idea?

So Flor and her brother, Mike and his best friend, Naomi and her best friend and Viv and her boyfriend all hug and kiss until Joe breaks up the “Lovey Dovey” and puts them to work.

Flor’s brother loves the house, but says its so nice he knows that Flor must not have worked on it too much.

Naomi’s friend says the house is huge. I am tired of this Captain Obvious competition.

Viv’s boyfriend says it would be great to move into it. I wonder if he’ll miss Viv, who plans on basically staying in New York.

Mike’s friend is busy picking out his room.

They lay the sod and it’s time for the guests to leave. The final 4 each feel better about their chances of winning after their visits.

We are back at camp, and I will apologize now. There is so much “Blah, blah, blah”and I don’t feel like covering it. It’s the same old, rehashed “I like so-and-so” I could win against this person” and “That person doesn’t deserve the house” bull crap. Is this a fine example of great recapping? NO. Are you missing anything remotely exciting or important? NO.

The campers all have to pack and head for the Jury Pier. We learn that the red hat that wins will have to choose who they take with them immediately.

I will, as always, paraphrase their speeches.

Mike: I don’t envy your positions, as I’m sure you don’t envy mine. You’re both my friends and will be forever, so I feel like I’ve already won. Make your decision – stick by it – and be confidant. Thanks and good luck.

Flor: I’m a bitch. Vote me to stay.

OK, there was more to it than that. She went on about how they should want to beat the girl who didn’t talk to them or snapped at them. The girl who thought she had it all figured out. That if they didn’t take her she would vote for Mike to win in the finals.

Whatever, I think my original paraphrasing summed it up.

After Mike and Flor leave we hear from Naomi and Viv.

Naomi: I wish I knew who I could beat.

Viv: I think I could beat Flor

For the record I could beat Flor too, and at times would welcome the opportunity.

George then asks them if either of the two red hats had approached them with a deal. Naomi says no and is shocked when Viv says both of them did.
    The verdict is in and they both speak. I can’t remember what they said other than announce their congratulations to…..

Mike.

He then decides to keep Viv around and take her to the finals with him.

Flor looks pissed. Naomi is crying. Viv is happy. Mike looks sick.

Naomi and Flor are both happy with the 10 grand they receive from Lendingtree.com. Flor will save it for a trip through Central and South America next summer and Naomi will pay off some loans and repay a couple months of rent.

Back at camp Mike is over looking sick and is flashing his dimples yet again. Viv wants to feel bad for everyone who is gone, but is too busy being happy.

Tune in Tuesday the 23rd to learn which one is the proud new owner of the House Of Dreams.

Come back here Wednesday (I hope) to read my final recrap and thoughts on the series.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Yes, you can call me Captain Sardonic.

Flor then tells us that she’s become attached to the house. I grin as I picture Mike accidentally nail gunning her to the wall. She then says she wants the house so she can write. I’ll tell ya, I feel for her. If I didn’t have a house, there’s no way I could write.

Flor has been busy making little signs to hang all over camp that read “Vote me to stay”. She has even taped one on her self “Kick Me” style.
    Great recap cali.
    So many funny lines.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Great job Cali. I usually try to watch the recaps on Sunday, but A&E is so screwed up I miss them half the time.
    Viv’s boyfriend says it would be great to move into it. I wonder if he’ll miss Viv, who plans on basically staying in New York.

Flor: I’m a bitch. Vote me to stay.

OK, there was more to it than that. She went on about how they should want to beat the girl who didn’t talk to them or snapped at them. The girl who thought she had it all figured out. That if they didn’t take her she would vote for Mike to win in the finals.

Whatever, I think my original paraphrasing summed it up.
    Your recaps are always hilarious.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I may be joining in the Captain Obvious competition, but I think your recaps are great, Cali.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Perfect recrap cali!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread