+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Florida: 99 Terrace - Kia's Room

Florida: 99 Terrace - Kia's Room

Loved the homeowner that said Kia is crazier than Hildi. Also, the sabotage thing. I about went through the roof when she apologized. What a STUPID bed. Paige, I think, was the one who pointed out that only one person could fit comfortably on it. Kia never got it. Reason #111100999 why I won't apply, I'd for sure get Kia or Hildi.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't know that I'd necessarily have that kind of bed for myself, but I didn't mind it all that much. What I think was stupid and childish was that woman and her "sabotage". Reminded me of a pouty child "acting out" because she wasn't given her way on something.

I missed most of the hsow so I don't know what the sabotage was all about, but I do agree with Paige, that is a one person bed for sure.

I always hate Kia's window treatments, I think they look cheap every time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    all the room seemed to need based on the photos was a new curtain....(I can't call it window treatment...some how I see a fabric psychologist..) and bed spread.....the color and bulletin board are some how unsettling.....and the Pillows are spooky......

This was horrible. Kia has become scarier and scarier.... The guy had just bought a new mattress. And so Kia cuts up a foam hunk in a circle and calls it a new bed?

ahhhhhhh!
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I missed most of the hsow so I don't know what the sabotage was all about, but I do agree with Paige, that is a one person bed for sure.

I always hate Kia's window treatments, I think they look cheap every time.
    Fluff, here's the sabotage: the HO Kia was working with didn't like her idea for the bed or for the wall of flowers (75 test tubes with rose stems in them attached to a big huge board). Kia wouldn't compromise on either item, so during the overnight homework part, the HO used floral paint to scrawl "I don't like, this is death," on the board for the flower wall. There wasn't enough time to repaint it, so the HO assumed that by ruining it, Kia wouldn't use it. Of course, Kia called her on it and said it was going in just like that then.

I'm not sure who ended up painting over the graffiti, but it did go in the room (and looked awful with these straggly, unevenly attached ugly test tubes scattered over a big cheap piece of plywood).

I agree that whatever Kia was thinking for this room was just wrong, wrong, wrong - but the HO was a tremendous pain in the rear, fighting with Kia constantly, declaring she wasn't going to do what Kia asked her to, trying to get her partner and Paige together to gang up on Kia and generally dragging her feet and behaving like a spoiled brat. It was really bad to watch, especially since I hated the design too, lol.

I wonder how much of her tears in the end at her own room reveal were because she realized what an ass she'd been, hurting the project instead of helping, while her friends were busting their rears to do a nice room for her.

I'm sure that bed lasted all of a half day in the room - the husband had a bad back and just spent a small fortune on one of those expensive SelectComfort mattresses.

+ Reply to Thread