+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Free: March 21, 2004

Home Free: March 21, 2004

THe light blue team and the orange team

Light Blue Team Jon & Stacy vs.
    Orange Team Jay & Melanie

This was so horrible...They chose paint cans which contained:

shredded paper (so they had to put paper on the walls)
    a question mark (anything on the walls but paint)
    fabric (they had to put fabric on the walls)

The question mark team (Jon and Stacy) with Hildy's help pulled out mud/plaster and added coffee, berries, dye, anything but paint to provide pigment to their walls. They add a a ceiling treatment that scared me.

THe other team (orange) spent the time with tissue paper and red paint and Edward creating an asian looking room...all while arguing and cussing at each other.

Neither of the rooms were fabulous to me....but I wonder how much of my perception is based on my obvious bias against Hildy and the fussing of a couple on national tv.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

FORT Newbie
    I was at a loss as to why they didn't think of using some kind of wallpaper. After all it is paper.

I feel sorry for the people who got into this show. They have so much stacked against them with the surprises. They can't just decorate, they have to have that weird stuff go on.

I wonder what that fruit is going to smell like when it starts to decay? The fruity (lavender) smell the girl noted is probably not going to smell that good in a few days. At least the ones on the other show, with the pink polka dotted fabric were able to use it it an unobtrusive way.

I hated the twists and turns on this show.

Can't use paint on the walls?
    I thought that was ridiculous.
    I know they are playing a high stakes game, but the winners will have to design and decorate three rooms and more importantly appeal to the voters three times, I think that's difficult enough without the show throwing in silly and unenteraining curve balls.

The woman on the orange team was just awful imo.
    Quite the shrew.
    I thought the room the orange team decorated looked better, but the blue team's design was more adventurous, neither of them was really to my taste.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was bored, I had to watch.

Blue team's husband thinks he's an artiste. His design was okay, but the execution was not so hot. That plaster looked awful and between the things they added to it to color it and the way it was applied, I foresee great chunks of it falling off in the very near future. As it was, the color was bubbling and the application was uneven and gloppy. Why the ceiling had to be dyed brown was beyond me. Why not apply gold leaf or do a gilded treatment? It would have fit the theme a little better. I'm very confused about what they did to the headboard - where did the window go? Better to have turned the bed and left the window where someone could get to it. I did like the floor they did, not sure it went with the theme though. If they were dead set on changing it, tile would have been prettier (and more expensive and time consuming).

Orange team - oy, where to start? The wife has got one foul mouth. It's bad enough to talk to your husband like that in private, but on television?? Thank heavens she has her priorities straight and if she wins, she'll buy a little tiny dog she can put sweaters on.

I liked their design more, the screens were a nice addition. I didn't like the wall color, it made the room claustrophobic and I don't know that it suited the couple it was for. If they were using tissue, I'd have liked to see them go farther with it, to really make the paper a decorative part of the wall instead of trying to hide it behind paint. I'd have killed them for using one of my nice glass bowls to fill with paint, sand, rocks and leaves.

If nothing else, these homeowner designs show just how much accessorizing the real designers do. It seemed like that was the big thing that was missing - interesting lighting, artwork, tchotchkes, etc. to pull the whole thing together. Orange team did it better than Blue, but the mouth on the wife turned me off so much that I don't really like either team.

I voted for the light blue team simply because I don't like the idea of rewarding the wife with the foul mouth and stinky 13 year old attitude/temper tantrums.

Neither of the rooms made me want to run to Home Depot and the Grocery store for a room makeover weekend.
    Fabulous Fifty

If anyone knows who one the finale tonight, please pm me. Thanks!

live on a small farm new england originally from Sweden-English is my second language.
    Unfortunatley Angel and Vilma lost to the blue cteam-can't remember their names-but both believe themselves to be artistic geniuses. Angle and Vilma deserved the win they earned it! They looked so crushed by the voting results. They arer such an adorable couple and obviously in love! And happy. Financially they have more of a struggle, too. Their the couple you want for neighbors. Even Paige looked a bit distressed over the results. I'm bummed !
    Tim Wakefield is knuckleriffic

Ohhh...I think the couple that won...(by 70% of the vote) deserved to win. Struggling? Neither of these couples were struggling to pay their mortgages. They lived in the same neighborhood.

For me Vilma and Angel's design solutions weren't creative enough. In fact for the table challenge they bought tiles for the top....which was against the rule of the table challenge. ANd Vilma's whining voice drove me nuts.

On the other hand, John and Stacy's plans were well planned and executed. Their ideas were over and above any of the other couples in the competition. Add to that they were a happy, hardworking couple who's way of expressing themselves was pleasant and easy on the eyes and ears.

I'm happy with the results.
    Fabulous Fifty

holy botox batman! Stacey's expression never changed once through the whole competition.
    I thought they deserved it too. Good Job guys
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Regular
    The light blue team did a beautiful job with the kitchen. It was lovely, much nicer than the yellow team's one. If you're voting on the results of the redesign alone, it's clear why the light blue team won.

I didn't see the segment they did on the light blue team, but I did see the yellow team's segment, and yeah, they are the older couple and they have been working longer and it would be nice for them to be able to relax and enjoy themselves. But I found the wife to be so annoying that I had trouble supporting them. I've been rooting for the light blue team since the beginning, they just seemed to mesh so well together, imo.

I'm very happy with the results as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast