+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Pimp My Ride' Scores In the Ratings

I really dig this show...the bling bling they add to the junk cars is so unreal. I wonder if the owners of the cars are afraid of getting their cars broken into or jacked.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Having the TV on the 'roof' of the car was so stupid. Who is just going to lie in their car, in their driveway to watch TV?

I missed that one but I saw one recently where they made the guy's truck bed into a ping pong table. Um OK. I do enjoy the show though.

I'm a 37-year-old wife and mother of a 13-year-old stepson and 14-year-old daughter, and never in a million years did I ever picture myself saying "Kids! Hurry up! Pimp My Ride is on!" and telling my husband, "Shhh, I can't hear Xzibit talking!" Xzibit is hilarious and sweet, and the guys at West Coast Custom are a lot of fun. I absolutely adore the show.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    I'm a 37-year-old wife and mother of a 13-year-old stepson and 14-year-old daughter, and never in a million years did I ever picture myself saying "Kids! Hurry up! Pimp My Ride is on!" and telling my husband, "Shhh, I can't hear Xzibit talking!" Xzibit is hilarious and sweet, and the guys at West Coast Custom are a lot of fun. I absolutely adore the show.

The new season is here! I saw the first show, and the second one is waiting on my TiVo. They have a whole new shop, and I actually liked the old one better (this one looks like an empty warehouse, basically).

I've always wondered: don't California have inspections? Because none of these cars would pass inspection in PA (the only state where I know the rules). I mean: a car with absolutely no mirrors? How come that is even on the road?

FORT Fogey
    I love this show! My friends and I are going to pimp MY ride. I get a green minivan But we're going to paint it pink (okay not really but it would be cool!) and get a fuzzy pink steeringwheel holder. It's going to be awesome!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Good luck ! The majority of the vehicles are from Cali, and they look for different types of cars.

I like this show too , and especially like the fact they put something unusual in each car . ( bubble maker , coffee maker, webcam with printer etc)

I like the fact that they take a car that might be worth $500 iron auction value and just bling the living daylights out of it....I do wonder how any of these cars passed any kind of inspection in CA (I thought they were stricter than any other state?). Aren't they the state that started emissions control testing?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    I've always wondered: don't California have inspections? Because none of these cars would pass inspection in PA (the only state where I know the rules). I mean: a car with absolutely no mirrors? How come that is even on the road?
    They have the toughest one in the nation. And I have thought the same thing! The cars that are chosen would not remotely pass the inspection for California just from the looks of them. LOL!! No mirrors... busted seatbeats... no exhaust... missing windows... muchless having to pass that exhaust test for clean air.

I also got to wondering if the show was removing the stickers and plates to stop the general public being able to track down the winners address. So by some miracle they did have inspections on those ratty cars... the show removed them for protection of the owners home info.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    I like the fact that they take a car that might be worth $500 iron auction value and just bling the living daylights out of it....I do wonder how any of these cars passed any kind of inspection in CA (I thought they were stricter than any other state?). Aren't they the state that started emissions control testing?
    I'm not a Californian, so I don't know much about their inspection process, but I know that in other states (specifically NY and NC, where I've lived) it's easy to pass inspection if you go to the right place. Some inspection places will give out stickers without even looking at the car, some you have to pay extra for it, and in some cases it's who you know. There's a good chance that that happens in California too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast