+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Devine Design

Devine Design

Is anyone else a Big fan of this show ? I really love the things that Candace comes up with and how could you not LOVE Chico and Asst. Steve.My wife loves Paul the Carpenter.The transformations that they create are really good ones.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I Am! She is such a good designer. She actually creates rooms you can live in. The last few times I've watched, it's been re-runs, I guess she's busy with the baby. Surely she's had it by now. Her helpers are a hoot especially Chico.

FORT Fan
    Hi,

I love this show! I watch it all the time on W Network. I am glad that others here also watch this show. (I am assuming that this is still a Canadian show??)

I notice a change of assistants in the newer season. In the earlier seasons, they had Jerry as the painter, Steven as the assistant, and few other regulars.

In the newer season, when Candace had a baby, Steven is replaced by Mark and Martin, and Jerry was replaced. Chico and Paul remained.

Currently, W is showing the earlier season, so you would still see Steven and Jerry.

Finally, does anyone know how much budget Candace has on each show?

The amount of work that she does (in 4 days!) is amazing. I can tell her accessories are often top of the line. This show is a big contrast to Decorating Challenge, Me, My House, and I, and Arrested Designs.

I am a big fan of W shows... even though I am a guy.

Yes, imho Divine Design is by far the best interior decor show considering what's out there. It's low on deadline drama and virtually free of drama period. Very straightforward and fun at the same time.

Candice is ssssooooo talented. I would say she and Angelo Surmelis (from "Clean Sweep") are my two favorite designers on tv today. Both seem like color experts! In my dreams I have a fraction of their talent

paulstan it's okay I'm a guy too

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    Candice is ssssooooo talented. I would say she and Angelo Surmelis (from "Clean Sweep") are my two favorite designers on tv today. Both seem like color experts! I wish I had a fraction of the talent they have
    Hi,

I heard that Candace is one of the "best" designers in Canada. One of the most sought after!

This site has before and after pictures. You can click on the small pics to enlarge them too. Have fun!

http://www.fusiontelevision.tv/divine.asp
    Last edited by ANTMrox; 03-16-2004 at 03:03 AM.

My favorite so far is the one where she did the girls garage over,she has such great ideas and has so much fun.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I really like the room in Episode 01- 002 "Melanie's Living Room/Dining Room"

I like the sage and camel and I really like the way the mirror was accented and not left all by itself..... I would have never thought of that on my own in 100 years. Isn't it pretty and sophisticated?

Take a look: http://www.fusiontelevision.tv/episo...er/01_02af.asp

FORT Newbie
    Could someone tell me if she had her baby yet. The new season has started (I think) They have the new painter on. I am watching it right now the are doing the bacholars bedroom. Is Paul her husband? If not what does her husband do.?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm1944
    Could someone tell me if she had her baby yet. The new season has started (I think) They have the new painter on. I am watching it right now the are doing the bacholars bedroom. Is Paul her husband? If not what does her husband do.?
    Hi,

She had her baby last Nov or so. She was being interviewed on W Live, the live call-in show.

In the interview, she mentioned that she began to work 2 weeks after giving birth.

W just recently promoted that a new season of Divine Design is coming!

Wish she would come to BC to help me out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast