+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Devine Design

I just discovered this show a few weeks ago. I think Candice is terrific, I love her plans and the way she uses color - her rooms always look so comfortable and like real homes where you can plop down and kick your shoes off. There was an older show on last week where she redid a 15-yr. old boy's room with this leopard carpet. I'm redoing my son's room, and while I'm not doing a leopard carpet, there were a handful of other ideas that I'm going to use.

Her budget has to be pretty large - I doubt that I've ever seen a room that would cost less than $3,000, especially since she does flooring and extensive lighting/electrical work. She looks like she uses high quality furniture, fabrics and accessories, no plywood furniture or thrift store finds.

Chico's great, I always crack up a little when Candice grills him about how many holes he's going to make.

I love her! Every room she does, I would love to have in my home. She would be my first pick if I could chose anyone.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    Her budget has to be pretty large - I doubt that I've ever seen a room that would cost less than $3,000, especially since she does flooring and extensive lighting/electrical work. She looks like she uses high quality furniture, fabrics and accessories, no plywood furniture or thrift store finds.
    Hi,

I think her budget is huge! However, I am not sure what it is though. Her supplies are all "designers" stuff. If you look at the credits, many of the supplies are all high end stuff.

FORT Fan
    Hi,

Just want to let everyone here know that there is an interative site of the show at:

http://www.wnetwork.com

It's quite resource intensive to load, but it features the "guys," the sketches, and more.

I love Candice too. Of all the HGTV decorating programs, I would definately have her to change my whole house if I only could.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

on vacation
    I watch this show every chance I get too. My favorite show was the one where she redid the couple's bedroom who both of their daughters were going away to college. (Sorry don't know the name of that show.) I don't know what her budget is but it's obviously not the same as Design on a Dime.

And I love Chico. I've only ever really noticed him and Paul.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Chico of the flowing hair and Paul, the hunky carpenter

I love this show. I usually love all of her designs but I could obviously NEVER afford her so I don't even dare to dream...
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie

Updated link find info added

Quote Originally Posted by paulstan
    Hi,

I think her budget is huge! However, I am not sure what it is though. Her supplies are all "designers" stuff. If you look at the credits, many of the supplies are all high end stuff.
    Love the show!! I've taped them all...twice I think! Interesting article I found at the link below with Candice talking about the show and reality design in general. I could not agree with her more about the Trading Spaces assessment. I can't watch as it makes me cringe...excpet for Edward and Vern Yip who do try to make the space intelligent and livable for the client.

well poo! :nono The site admin won't let me put the link in...so... I did a Google search on "Divine Design W TV" and it came up with a link at the canoe.ca website. Look for the one showing this in the description
    "... Divine Design (tonight at 8:30 on W) is nothing ... To the delight of the TV audience,
    they tend to ... 16 hours a day." So far, her Divine Design renovations have ... "

Hope that works.

Seeya!

Ilex Opaca
    Last edited by Ilex Opaca; 04-26-2004 at 12:07 PM. Reason: add information I left out

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    I watch this show every chance I get too. My favorite show was the one where she redid the couple's bedroom who both of their daughters were going away to college. (Sorry don't know the name of that show.) I don't know what her budget is but it's obviously not the same as Design on a Dime.

And I love Chico. I've only ever really noticed him and Paul.
    That was a really gorgeous room, DIB. I loved it too, the little reading nook she did on the other side of the door was so sweet - did you see the one yesterday afternoon where she did over a guest room (there were lots of joking references to it being a hotel room) in lots of red and antiques? I actually have some of that embroidered netting that she used and hadn't thought of trying it over the top of another fabric for pillows..but now I know what I'm going to do with it!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    I too am a fan of Divine Design. Candice is cool, but I'm kind of getting tired of pot lights... I'm sure Chico is getting tired of them too! I admit that the pot lights usually look great, but I'd like to see her mix the lighting up a little bit more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast