+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Halleck Way Kia's Room

Indianapolis Halleck Way Kia's Room

Kia's room

For me, this was another poor choice for a makeover.
    The room was nicely decorated before. There were no real storage problems for the designer to solve and the room was not in need of a drastic overhaul or update.

I'm also not a fan of themed rooms.
    Some of the elements in Kia's room were nice. I liked both the wall colours and the colour of the bed linen, although I wouldn't choose that fabric for a bed cover, unless it was backed with cotton.

The ceiling fan was atrocious.
    "That's Numberwang!"

wow, I missed the show, but the before does look nice. Why would anyone choose a nice room knowing it could be ruined?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

This is the second time in as many weeks that we've seen what I feel to be a nicely decorated room chosen.
    The first being the room Doug designed last week with the flower stencil on the walls (ugh).
    I am sure we can all remember the room where Hilde wanted to dye the carpet orange, that was also a very nicely decorated room to begin with so imo a poor choice for a makeover.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Ok how about the owners reaction.. she hated it and made no bones about how much.. cracked me up,, Egyptian?? hmmmm I don't like this designer.. get her off...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I have seen well done egyptian rooms, unfortunately this isn't one of them. You could tell the HO was not liking it at all.The ceiling fan was really stupid.Didn't we hear before that to run properly they have to be carefully balanced? Try that with pounds of fake palm leaves and glue :rolleyes.

I don't like Kia either FG.
    This was the first room she has done where she hasn't used border though so I do applaud her for getting away from that little obsession.

I found her use of the Egyptian theme to be very "obvious" with the heiroglyphics (sp) and the big golden eye
    I think the HO is probably extremely grateful that the pyramid fountain proved to be a failure.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hahahaha! I just recently started looking at the decorating show posts and wondered why you guys keep calling ppl HO....then BAM! it dawned on me that means Home Owner. Silly, silly Me!

I do not like the egyptian theme. Before was much better.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

There is obviously always a risk in getting a room makeover on this show, but I think the designers often get a little more outrageous when they aren't stretched by having to deal with any major "issues" in a room.
    This is the point Hilde was trying to make to her dreadful HO when she wanted to dye the carpet orange.
    Although I think that was a pretty stupid idea as I really doubt she would have achieved a uniform finish or the intensity of colour she wanted, I do agree with her point that the room was beautiful beforehand and didn't need to be changed.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't like this designer either....I think her stuff looks way to "Disneyland kitschy" for me.

That big Egyptian eye was....Luxor at Las Vegas maybe, but in your own home? ugh.

At least she didn't use wallpaper border on this one..or did she?

Thanks for posting these links fluff.

Nope, finally a room with no wall paper border.
    I liked the wine colour she used, but she has to realise a colour does not become authentic Egyptian just because you put "Tut" in front of the name.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast