+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis - Halleck Way Edward's Room

Indianapolis - Halleck Way Edward's Room

Edward's room.

Edward had a greasy little pony tail this week which I surprisingly didn't hate.

Although his ceiling colour choice was not my favourite this week, I did like the room over all.
    I don't personally think I would feel comfortable having my bed away from the wall like that though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

unless you have a HUGE room, I think it's a mistake to put the bed in the middle of the room
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I do too.
    The HO's room was quite large, and they did still have plenty of room to move around, but I still don't like the placement of the bed.

I think the colour he chose was quite nice, it certainly dried a nicer colour than it looked in the tin, imo.
    I don't really go much on him nailing the drapery fabric to the wall either.
    There are many cheap and effective systems he could have used to hang the fabric rather than simply nailing it to the wall.
    Not only will he make holes in the wall, but depending on the weight of the fabric and number of nails used, he could also run the risk of the fabric tearing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

He nailed the curtains???
    What the...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

eny
    FORT Fogey
    He made the curtain rods from empty paper tubing. Would the weight of the curtains not sag the cardboard in a very short time?
    Not a horrible room, at least Edward puts some thought into his designs s to how the HO's will like it , and what they need. I like him, he seems really nice.

Originally posted by cali
    He nailed the curtains???
    What the...
    If you look at the right hand side of the after picture cali you can see white fabric. He ran this the length of the wall in soft swags, but he did nail it to the wall which I thought was rather ridiculous.

The paper tubes that he used for the curtain would probably hold up as they were fabric tubes which are very strong as they support entire bolts of fabric.
    As the drapery treatment was for effect rather than privacy, i.e. designed to stay stationery with a blind providing the privacy and blocking the light the tubes would probably be ok.
    Curtain poles can be bought so cheaply, and he was $91 under budget so it is a shame imo that he didn't spring for decent poles.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I actually like the result of this room. I would not have nailed the curtains or skipped real rods, but it looks good. When I was a teenager and my mom and I repainted my room, we moved the bed to the center to let the paint dry for three days. My dresser was at the head of the bed and I ended up leaving it that way. There was plenty of room to walk around the entire room. I even had room for my desk, a rocker, a full length mirror and none of it got in the way of my double closet doors. It was very interesting. Wish I had pictures so you could see it.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I liked the room too Feif.
    I loved the chandelier, a great bargain too at just $40.00.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yes that chandelier was very nice when he was done with it.It took great imagination to look at it and see how it could be.

Re: Indianapolis - Halleck Way Edward's Room

Originally posted by fluff
    Edward's room.

Edward had a greasy little pony tail this week which I surprisingly didn't hate.
    I had to laugh at this comment fluff...haha!

I just felt like the bed in the center of the room would give me a feeling of uneasiness...like ungroundedness or something.

Much like the feeling of Kia's hanging bed on that other room. I like my bedtime sleeping arena to feel very grounded and stable. This didn't have that feel for me, although liked many of the things he did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast