+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - The McCrorys 03/21

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - The McCrorys 03/21

WITH TRIPLETS ON THE WAY, AN EXPANDING FAMILY IN A SMALL HOUSE GETS SOME ADDITIONAL SPACE,ON ABC'S "EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION"

"McCrory Family" - Once Deirdre and Tom McCrory recovered from learning that their family of four would soon be increasing with the pending arrival of triplets, they wondered how their 1077 square foot house in Costa Mesa, California could possibly accommodate them. A team of designers and construction workers came to their rescue. In addition to creating almost 50 percent more living space, stunning changes were made, as their house was converted into a modern and baby-friendly home, on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," SUNDAY, MARCH 21 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Just before the holidays, Deirdre went in for a routine ultrasound. She and Tom already have two sons -- Rory, three years old, and 21-month-old Connor. Little did they know their third child would be accompanied by a fourth and fifth. In the final reveal sequence of the episode, Deirdre and Tom will find out if they can expect boys, girls or some combination thereof.

During the home's demolition and total reconstruction, the couple, their two young sons and Tom's mother, Marie McCrory (when she learned she was going to become a grandmother again times three, she came from her home in Belfast, Ireland, to help out), enjoyed a seven-day vacation at the Four Seasons Hotel in Scotsdale, Arizona. Meanwhile the small home, plus the exterior and landscaping - experienced a complete transformation from the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" creative design team, contractors and over 100 workers.

For this "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," the design team features team leader Ty Pennington and designers Alle Ghadban, Paige Hemmis, Michael Moloney and Preston Sharp.

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman and Craig Armstrong.

This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.

Anybody watch this? The nursery was awesome! Ty actually went to the hospital to see what the sex of the triplets would be.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

FORT Newbie
    I watched it and it was a really good show. Especially when Michael and the contractor got into it. Made me think of the one when Prestona nd Constance got into it. Also wondered if Preston had gotten sick before Michael. He sounded like he was sick first. Also read the other posts about the designers only coming out for filing and then going back in the RV. Makes me think twice about whether those designers are for real or not. I also like Trading Spaces, and have seen Frank to be a real person on his website. So I also wonder how fake they all are. Tell me it ain't so Ty.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by texjoann
    I watched it and it was a really good show. Especially when Michael and the contractor got into it. Made me think of the one when Prestona nd Constance got into it. Also wondered if Preston had gotten sick before Michael. He sounded like he was sick first. Also read the other posts about the designers only coming out for filing and then going back in the RV. Makes me think twice about whether those designers are for real or not. I also like Trading Spaces, and have seen Frank to be a real person on his website. So I also wonder how fake they all are. Tell me it ain't so Ty.

Hi,

I would agree that the fact that designers are mostly there doing the shoots.

They have planned the design of the house way before they got there, so they could coordinate with Sears and other supplies to build the house. The on camera planning is just an act. They spend most of Day 1 to clear out stuff and let the contractors work from Days 2 - 6. Remember that the families return on the morning of Day 7.

Plus, the 2 designers/ shoppers spent most of their Days 2 - 5 shopping and "arguing;" they don't really "work" until Day 6, when they had to decorate the house.

Even Ty spends some of his time "goofing off" in visiting the doctor in this episode and in travelling to DisneyWorld to consult the family make a stupid decision.

I enjoyed this episode, and thought the house, especially the nursery were great. The video surveillance system was a work of genius. I loved the bar in the converted garage, but it seems like a more practical use might be to use the garage for *gasp* parking their car. I guess living in Costa Mesa, you don't need a garage too badly, and with 5 kids, that garage/bar is probably the closest they are going to get to going out for a while. Plus after finally getting all of the kids down for the night, i know i'd probably need a drink.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

+ Reply to Thread