+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straight Plan for the Gay man

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar

Straight Plan for the Gay man

I was watching some comedy central and saw some upcoming previews. Did a search on this site and saw no mention of it. It looks like a reverse Queer Eye show where the "Flab Four" (4 Overweight straight men) try to make a Gay guy less feminine? I'm kind of confused by the premise though. Who wants to become MORE filthy? Bleh!
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

I think the fact that it's on Comedy Central hopefully answers your questions on both the premise of the show, and why we don't have a thread for it.

Joe Madre, from the previews, it just seems to be a parody of the QE/SG hit. I don't think they are going to help anyone do anything of use other than possibly laugh. I plan to at least watch once episode and see if it's funny enough. If anything, I think it is more of a spoof on some stereotypes of straight guys.

Clipped from the web:

Because no one can keep from making more of this genre, Comedy Central launches "Straight Plan for the Gay Man" at 10 tonight. This has four straight comedians (the Flab 4) giving gay men tips on how to look more hetero. As if they don't have an entire culture telling them that already.

And I'm with John ...

I think some deer heads on the walls are a must! Don't forget to put unironed, holey plaid.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    LOL eldee.....

Wasn't sure if this was just some kind of comedy show being disguised as a reality show or not.

There was lots of holey plaid on the commericals, as well as this Salsa Chip dispenser that i think sang La Cucaracha (sp?)
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Just picture that Gay Community goin "Oh NOOOO They Didn't"
    It's a parody cause I saw a preview on the Emmy's (I think) Where they were trying to make "Bobby Trendy" straight? (ick) But anyway, it was HILARIOUS! And Bobby acts sooooo Mary I couldnt help it chuckling along.

Bobby Trendy is a sick pup.

They had this other guy on last night. It was very funny. I thought that the GG would be another actor/comedian but, I think he's really just a gay guy out for the experience. I was LOL so, I had to turn the tape off out of consideration for my neighbors.

I saw a preview of this on Access Hollywood or some show like that and laughed pretty hard. I don't get Comedy Central up here so have to wait to see if the Comedy Network picks it up which I hope they do.

Although, it was more of a comedy, the straight guys didn't come off as actors. That made it better.

They took the gay guy's apt, professionally decorated by a Madison Ave. designer, and turned it into a dump. They took him to a vocal coach to help him drop his voice. At the end, they got him a job at a meat packing plant for one day. He adapted well but, I don't know if he'll recover from the urine and cigarrette left in his toilet bowl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast