+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dream Job - win a year as a Sportscenter Anchor

Fade to black

Dream Job - win a year as a Sportscenter Anchor

Now this is a reality show I could like... Anyone gonna be recapping this or is it not on the FORT radar screen?

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/dreamjob/index

Fade to black
    I might be the only one watching this show, but I like talking to myself anyway.

I like it so far, it's like American Idol for sports anchors.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    I might be the only one watching this show, but I like talking to myself anyway.

I like it so far, it's like American Idol for sports anchors.
    When I first heard about this show, I had very high hopes. Then as the premiere date got closer, I started to have second thoughts, worried that ESPN would be out of their league.

I was very pleasantly surprised after last night's show. I will definitely be tuning in again.

It's not to say the show isn't without problems. It's a good thing I don't have Verizon wireless, because if I did, I'd have no idea how to text in a vote. Stuart Scott said you text in the word "vote" to some number; then what? How do I say who I want to vote for?

Also I've got to believe there was some kind of screw-up at work to have Mike Hall as the USA's choice to go. I had him second on my scorecard; there's no way he should have been even close to getting a vote. Stuart Scott kept telling the folks at home that they could vote even before all the contestants had finished; maybe because Mike went first he had more opportunity to get votes than the people who went later. Or maybe people didn't realize they were voting on who to get rid of.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    I love this show. Two hour finale this week, remember it comes on one hour early this Sunday.

My favorite is Zach. I liked him from the beginning even when he had the wild hair and the 'Hee Haw' "throwback - country" jacket with embroidered roses on it. I like his style, delivery and personality.

I must say Maggie has improved, but she still seems way too stiff to me. She looks uncomfortable. Her writing style is a plus however there is something annoying about her.

I was surprised Kelly, with his natural announcer voice didn't make it to the finals. But, where Maggie improved on the judges critiques, his performance spiraled downward sharply the last two weeks. It was kind of like watching a championship team play a last seed opponent, take them lightly and lose badly. Weird, I was like, what happened Kelly?

I liked Casey and I thought he would outlast Aaron. But, like the judges said, mispronouncing names is unacceptable.

I really don't have an opinion on Matt. He hasn't stood out to me. He reminds me of Kwame on "The Apprentice", simply flying under the radar. He might slip in there and steal it all.

Go Zach, It's your Sports Center Baby!!!
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

Whoa! I didnt know there was a thread for this show in here! Maybe one of the mods will merge the other one into here....
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread