+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover:Home Edition Costa Mesa Pictures

FORT Newbie

XMakeover Costa Mesa, Pics attached, they just finished. READ THIS!

Hey all,

Okay. Extreme Makeover just finished working on a house down the street from me, and MAN! That was amazing. They completly gutted the house in one week! They poured the foundation for the addition at 7:AM and had it framed in by noon Thursday. I worked volunteer a few days helping hang pictures and move furniture in the house - it is truely amazing what they did.

There was a 40' container on their street PACKED with baby clothes, strollers, and other baby stuff $$$ They don't just build the house, they fill up all of the drawers!

Okay, here's the frustrating part. The 'reality' aspects of this show are complete BS. The hosts are your basic run of the mill hollywood actors, and believe it or not, they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the construction, planning, or design of the home. I just spent the past 7 days from start to finish watching the project and this was readily apparant. The actors and camera men pop out of the motorhome for 20 minutes, go and dig a hole (while the real construction workers have to vacate the set), read off a script, and after 2-4 takes, its back to the motorhome.

I sincerely hope ABC cuts the pathetic drama aspect of the show and focus more on the humongus task of what it takes to complete a job like this in 6 days. I was very impressed with everyone with the show, I am proud to have this going on in my neighborhood.

Oh yeah, one more, that whole thing on the premier where one host tore down the lamp on the driveway, and the foreman told him "put that down or i'll have you arrested!". Come on ABC, that was LAME!!!

Oh yeah again, Oprea was there.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Newbie

More pics of Xmakeover Costa Mesa

FORT Newbie

More pics of Xmakeover Costa Mesa 2

FORT Newbie
    And a link to the local news story... http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/oc...le.do?id=81637

FORT Fan
    thanks for all of the great photos!

Amazing! One question, Is Ty a fake too?

FORT Fan
    I am sure that Ty has lots of help doing his pet projects while hosting the show.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wiredinoc
    Hey all,

Okay, here's the frustrating part. The 'reality' aspects of this show are complete BS. The hosts are your basic run of the mill hollywood actors, and believe it or not, they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the construction, planning, or design of the home. I just spent the past 7 days from start to finish watching the project and this was readily apparant. The actors and camera men pop out of the motorhome for 20 minutes, go and dig a hole (while the real construction workers have to vacate the set), read off a script, and after 2-4 takes, its back to the motorhome.

Thanks for sharing, Wired!!

I have a question - recently on the radio I heard a story about these home makeover shows that talked about how everything was done so shoddily (because of the short time they have to do the work) that the owners actually end up spending TONS of money to fix all the problems they're left with. This was before Extreme Home Makeover debuted though, so I'm wondering whether you think that's what this show is like?

Tiger

That was pretty cool wired. Thanks for the info!

FORT Newbie
    Ok my question for this show is, do they trow all your stuff out? Or put it in storage or what? I never see anyone stuff back in the house. Nothing in the garage, etc. What about valuables? Complete strangers going through all your stuff while your not around?

Anyone know how this really works??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast