+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Star Dates"

"Star Dates"

December 15, and airing Sundays at 10:30pm on E!, "Star Dates" will premiere. Of course, we'll be watching, no matter how bad it is.

We'll even have recaps, by our wonderful Bill_in_PDX!

From the NY Post:

IT'S ME!

By SUSAN KARLIN

December 3, 2002 --

FADED stars never die, they just become . . . blind dates?

In an irreverent twist on the hackneyed blind date show, E! Entertainment Television is pairing wanna-be lovers with celebrities of yore with "Star Dates."

Beginning Dec. 15, viewers can follow Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster from "The Munsters"), Jill Whelen (little Vicki on "Love Boat"), Dustin Diamond (Screech from "Saved by the Bell"), Gary Coleman ("Diff'rent Strokes"), Kim Fields ("Facts of Life") and comic grand dame Phyllis Diller as they brave blind dates with civilians who only learn of their dates' identities when they show up.

There's something almost inhumane about sending someone on a date with Phyllis Diller.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sounds like an okay show, but I'll probably stick to reading the recaps.

Well, as long as you read the recaps, I don't care if you watch it

Sounds like ultimate dating masacre! I cannot believe what people will do to spark their career. I will watch it just like I would a train wreck, because I just cannot help looking.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by fluff
    There's something almost inhumane about sending someone on a date with Phyllis Diller.
    Fluff!

I bet the Phyllis Diller date will probably be the best one. She knows how to have fun or at least laugh like everyone is having a good time.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Sleeping with George W
    I accidentally stumbled across this show last night and the date was with Butch Patrick aka Eddie Munster. Did anyone else see this?

This was the first time I actually felt "sordid" watching a reality tv show. There's Butch, making his living selling autographed photos of Eddie Munster for 10 bucks a piece. He's sitting next to his friend, Brandon Cruise aka Courtship of Eddie's Father. There was just something very sad about that.

And then there was Butch's first date, a silicon-busted Barbie. It was painful watching them. I got through that, but had to sign off when the second date got started.

Maybe I'm just a snob, but I thought he seemed like a very sad character ... smiling and laughing on the outside, but clinging onto the past on the inside.

+ Reply to Thread