+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: In A Fix

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

In A Fix

In A Fix
    (click the above link to learn all about it and the crew)
    ABOUT THE SHOW

We know they mean well, those Do-It-Yourselfers. But what is that ol' saying about good intentions? The In A Fix team selects a home repair project that has gone terribly, shockingly wrong gaping holes in ceilings, gutted kitchens ... think more Beirut than Bethesda. With a complicit spouse, we stage a dramatic "intervention" on the family handyman or woman in desperate need of help. During the hour, we not only fix the problem, we up the ante a small fix becomes a major redo.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've started watching this one, has anyone else?

I caught an episode last night, and the HO (husband who has been super lazy) had to help the crew. What.a.jerk!!! He wouldn't do anything, and then when he did do something....he would find a way to pawn it off on someone else, or complain about what/how the crew is doing it. The wife was super happy when she saw the house done-up so nicely. It was a wreck before In A Fix came in!
    The crew did great though..had to rebuild walls even.

Hopefully someone is watching these shows, cause I'm slowly being sucked in, and I need someone to talk with about them!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Our TiVo has picked up 2 episodes of this (probably because of our Monster House fixation), and we've laughed our way through them both.

Love the Aussie guy, and the no-nonsense young guy that's always in a bad mood because no one will work.

This show is what Monster House would be if it retained the same crew each week.

So far, we've seen the horse farm guy, and the physical trainer guy.

I haven't seen those episodes...I've seen the boathouse/shed, and this one. You're right though, this is just like Monster House but with the same crew every episode.

The Aussie guy is sorta bugging me though! I think he's trying to sound like Steve Irwin..the way he emphasizes on things and says, "BBBBEEEEEEEuuuuuuuttttiful!!" I'm almost POSITIVE not all Aussie's express themselves like Steve Irwin does.
    Last night's episode was funny cause he (Aussie) stunk really bad, so the whole crew tackled him to the ground and ripped his shirt off and burned it in the middle of the grass! It was funny! Glad to see you are somewhat watching John!
    Last edited by Maveno; 02-11-2004 at 05:46 PM.

just got done watching tonights show, the owner was a jerk, made them rip out the kitchen they just busted their butts redoing and the crew ended up spending two more days redoing the kitchen again. He is lucky the show stayed, if I was producing, I would have said See Ya!!!! you had your chance to speak up before.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Our TiVo has picked up 2 episodes of this (probably because of our Monster House fixation), and we've laughed our way through them both.
    Looks like me and my TiVo need to get better aquainted, because mine spends most of its time picking up cartoons on Disney and HBO Family.

Sounds to me that the kids have TiVo down-pat Pam!! Me thinks the family is buffalo'ing you!

Friday's "In a Fix" was really good. The "zen spa" makeover, with ricepaper doors and a meditation room. The guy worked his butt off, too. I thought he wasn't really thrilled at first, but he warmed up to the process as it went on, and he seemed extremely happy with everything by the end.

I love this show and was grateful for the marathon yesterday. I am drawn to home improvement shows, even though I rent

I like how they stop and explain how they do certain things. I am ready to start burning plexi glass

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Friday's "In a Fix" was really good. The "zen spa" makeover, with ricepaper doors and a meditation room. The guy worked his butt off, too. I thought he wasn't really thrilled at first, but he warmed up to the process as it went on, and he seemed extremely happy with everything by the end.

I notice that with a lot of these shows that the owner isn't real thrilled or at least have doubts at first. I think this can be explained by the fact that...
    1. It's not the owner's original idea
    2. The owner hasn't had a lot of time to mull it over

But I did like the ricepaper doors too. About time they had an owner willing to get in there and work hard.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

ok, got done watching the Mideval Kitchen episode. Turned out so well, that the wife FAINTED when she saw it!!!!!!!! FAINTED!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast